How To Be A YouTuber For Beginners & Create Content!
If you are wondering how to start a YouTube channel for beginners, you are at the right place. Regardless of how creative you may be, taking the plunge and starting your creative journey is often challenging. Hence, it is advised to be 100 percent certain and do it only when you are 100 percent prepared.
On many days you will feel overwhelmed, but consistency, perseverance, and willpower can help you sail through well. In addition to it, you need one vital thing – Knowledge. You need to know all the steps that go into being a YouTuber. So, this guide will discuss how to be a good YouTuber for beginners.
Before we start this how to begin a YouTube channel for beginners guide, we have to share some statistics.
- There are some 22000+ content creators with over one million subscribers.
- Over 500 hours of content goes live on YouTube every minute.
- There are 38 million active YouTube channels. The number keeps going up.
How To Set Up A YouTube Channel For Beginners?
1. Learn the basics of YouTube
The right way how to start a YouTube channel for beginners is to start with the basics. Before commencing your professional journey in any career domain, you always learn or study the field.
So, why should it be any different for YouTube? Try to understand every nitty-gritty about YouTube, its working, and every other fundamental aspect that will come in handy in your YouTube journey.
2. Decide your niche
You can find videos of different niches on YouTube. Some of the prevalent niches include:
- Product Launch
- Best lists and round-ups
- Product reviews and unboxing videos
- Pets and animals
- Guides and tutorials
- Fashion and Beauty
- Hack videos
- And more
The categories are endless. You can create a video in every genre of your choice. Opt for a niche that you are well-adept in and focus on how to be a YouTuber for beginners?
For instance, if you wish to make cooking videos, you must know how to cook and have the proper utensils. Similarly, if you want to make makeup videos, you should know how to do your makeup.
Your chances of success are higher if you make videos in your familiar niche.
3. Equipment guidance (Audio & Lighting)
How to start a YouTube channel for beginners and excel at it? Well, during the pre-production phase, you do not need any equipment. In general, too, you do not need a Hollywood-level production setup.
So, if you wish to learn how to create a YouTube channel for beginners, you can begin with the gear you already own. So, your smartphone will suffice. Of course, you will need a tripod for a hands-free shooting experience, but tripods do not come costly.
As you grow your channel and start making money from YouTube, you can invest in good audio and video equipment. Often people focus so much on the video quality that they completely ignore the audio.
Please know that a viewer can adjust to a poor video, but never with low-quality audio. So, invest in a good microphone. You can buy a dedicated microphone for the camera or use Blue Yeti for the computer.
Related: How to record audio from YouTube?
4. Take an online course to learn better
To be fully aware how to make a YouTube channel for beginners – take up an online course for YouTube. The internet is full of informative courses on ‘how to be a YouTuber for beginners.’
Some platforms where you can find a reliable ‘how to create a YouTube channel for beginners’ courses include Udemy, Coursera, LinkedIn Learning, CreativeLive, and Skillshare. You can explore the classes there and pick the best ‘how to set up a YouTube channel for beginners’ course.
5. Study about other YouTubers in the same niche
There must be many famous YouTubers in your chosen niche. Follow them closely. It is 100% certain that they may have shared their YouTube journey in one or the other video. Do not ape them, but see if you have what it takes for them to be there.
6. Create a YouTube account
Do you have a Google account? If yes, you already have a YouTube account too. As of now, you use it to watch videos and content shared by other people. If you wish to become a YouTuber yourself, you must create a channel linked with the two.
How to set up a YouTube channel for beginners in two ways:
A. Personal YouTube Channel
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- Tab on the profile picture displayed in the top-right corner.
- Click on Create Channel.
- Check the details, and then go ahead to create the channel.
B. Business YouTube channel
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- Go to the Channel list
- Click on Create Channel.
- If you want a channel from your Brand account, opt for the Brand Account from the list that appears
- Fill in the details, and then go ahead to create the channel.
The difference between business and personal channels is that the former can have more than one owner or manager. Also, you can connect it to your brand account.
7. Customize your channel
Once you create your channel, you now have to customize it. Some tips for personalizing your channel are below:
- A channel icon – By default, YouTube will use the brand account’s profile picture. So, to change it, you have to update your brand account. Read the sizing instructions for the images and ensure that the image is correctly visible even on smaller screens.
- How about some channel art? – If you wish to make your channel more visually appealing, you can add some channel art.
- Details and description – Add a channel description giving a brief outline of the mission, products, and store. Include keywords in this to help people discover you.
You also need to leave details like your email, social media profiles, and links you want on your Channel art. On the right side, you will see Featured Channels. You can add any associated channels that you want to feature here.
8. Verify the account
Next on the agenda for how to be a good YouTuber for beginners is verification. Verification is a pivotal step in this, and there is an added benefit of verifying your account.
9. Decide on your channel’s goal
Before you follow the ‘how to start a YouTube channel for beginners’ guide, you need to be sure about your channel’s goal. What do you want to achieve with this? Who do you intend to reach? Will your potential audience enjoy the content you create? Work on these things before moving further.
10. Brainstorm content ideas
To be a good writer, you must be a good reader. Similarly, as a YouTuber, you must be a consistent viewer. Watch a lot of content to see what you like. It is important to create things you enjoy else you will get bored.
For instance, you enjoy watching food videos. So, you decide to be a food blogger. Now, under this, there are multiple different sub-classes. You need to brainstorm and pick two to three varieties to showcase on your channel. With time you can include more categories, but it is ideal to start with two maximum categories.
11. Upload your first video
Now that we have discussed all the tips on how to be a YouTuber for beginners, you need to start the actual work. So, shoot your first YouTube video and upload it. Ensure that there is an SEO-optimized title and description to the video. Create a custom thumbnail that motivates your potential audience to click on the video.
12. Ask for likes and subscription
Share your video with people you know, and tell them to share it with other people they know. Request them to subscribe to your channel and like, share, and comment on your video. There is no shame in asking for likes. So, put your ego aside, and get to work.
There are multiple social media channels, and each one has a dedicated audience that may be interested in your content. So, use all the channels you know of, and paste the link to your video. It will fetch you more views from different channels.
14. Build playlists
Once you have created a couple of videos in the same category, club them under a playlist. How is this helpful? When a new viewer comes to your channel for the first time, watches one video, and likes it, there is a good chance they may also browse through other videos in your channel.
So, stack all the similar videos in the playlist to shift traffic from one video to another.
15. Engage with your audience
For your viewers to become your permanent audience, it is essential to engage with them. You must speak to them, update them about your life, acknowledge their comments and likes, and appreciate them for watching your content. It persuades them to stay connected with you and continue watching your future content.
16. Ignore trolls
Not everyone is going to like everything you post. So, if anyone does not appreciate the kind of content you post, ignore it. The comments of the trollers should not stop you from doing what you love doing.
17. Integrate your socials
In addition to your posts on YouTube, your followers and subscribers also want a bite of other life aspects. So, for them to get an insight into your personal life, you can integrate your social media accounts with YouTube. It can also increase your following on the supported platforms.
18. Experiment with YouTube advertising
There are several kinds of YouTube ads. You can experiment with them all to find what works best for your content.
19. Be consistent
Lastly, post regularly and consistently to keep your audience interested.
YouTube Channel Beginners Guide Tips
We have already discussed how to begin a YouTube channel for beginners. Now, we will take this ‘how to make a YouTube channel for beginners’ guide forward and give you some additional tips that can prove beneficial in your YouTube journey as a beginner:
1. Have a clear vision
Do you wish to learn how to be a YouTuber for beginners? It is quintessential to ensure that your YouTube channel has a clear vision and a focus. When you follow a niche, it is easier for your subscribers to identify what you do.
But, if you do several different things, it can confuse the potential subscriber. Hence, it is quintessential to have a clear vision before you start searching for how to set up a YouTube channel for beginners?
2. Make interesting, engaging, and fun videos
How to make a YouTube channel for beginners and see it thrive? The simplest way to grow your YouTube channel is persistently putting out interesting, engaging, fun, and good quality videos that people will be interested in watching.
When people see a video or two uploaded by you and like your content, they will not shy away from associating with you.
3. Be consistent at posting videos
Be consistent with your content. It takes enormous time and effort to post great videos. When you start, you are going to make several mistakes. But, if you keep trying, you will get better with every video. Watch your content to point out flaws for improvement.
Also, if you wish to grow as a YouTuber, you need to have a goal in mind. Decide how many videos you can publish in a week. It is also good to have fixed days and times for posting videos as your viewers know when to expect content from you.
4. Build a strong visual identity
The videos you publish must look professional and polished. There should be an appealing banner, a logo, and a channel icon that closely represents your brand. Be careful about the recommended image dimensions to avoid stretching. Also, check how your channel appears on different devices (laptop, computer, and phone) to ensure that everything looks good.
5. Avoid redundancy
It is not enough to know how to create a YouTube channel for beginners. You must also know the right way to grow your audience. An essential tip for it is to avoid redundancy.
When you capture footage, there will be multiple shots that add to the length of the video but serve nothing for the viewers. Hence, you must know when to press the delete button to ensure that you have the best shots in your video.
When there is a lot of repetitive content in the video, viewers tend to lose interest and turn to watch something better. So, know what to keep and avoid.
6. Be careful with keyword placement
For your videos to rank and gather more views, you must work towards proper keyword placement. The algorithm on YouTube works on multiple SEO factors. These aid in the video’s ranking. The keywords in your video title, description, and tags can boost your video’s success.
7. Bank on Content
Not all days will be the same. You may fall sick or have a guest over, or the construction noise may prevent you from filming a video. So, whenever you have some time off search for how to make a YouTube channel for beginners, film videos for the future. It can help you avoid missing your committed schedule.
8. Put thought in the channel description
The description is the first place your viewers will read. It will give them an insight into your brand. Your description should be brief and clickable. As stated, add relevant keywords to make your channel more discoverable.
9. Do not worry about the equipment
It is our last tip in the ‘how to start a YouTube channel for beginners’ guide. Of course, good equipment is quintessential for the video’s top-notch quality. But, do not dig a hole in your pocket by investing in the latest camera and audio system when you start making videos.
It will take at least a few months for your channel to monetize. Hence, it is best to start recording your phone and invest in the tools only as you grow. For beginners, a phone and a tripod should suffice.
We hope with the tips above and above-stated how to create a YouTube channel for beginners guide you can progress well in your journey on YouTube.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques 1. Which content is best for the YouTube channel for beginners?
Ans. If you are new to YouTube, some of the best content niches that you can explore before learning how to be a good youtuber for beginners are:
- Celebrity Gossip Videos
- Comedy or Sketch Videos
- Shopping Sprees or Hauls
- Unboxing Videos
- Educational Videos
- Review Videos
- Food Challenges
- Makeup Videos
Ques 2. How do I get subscribers on YouTube?
Ans. There are multiple ways to get subscribers on YouTube. A few of them have been listed below:
- Publish Long-Form Videos
- Optimize For Watch Time
- Have A Visually-Appealing Channel
- Use Power Playlists
- Be Careful With The Video Quality
- Promote Videos In The End Screen
- Try Liking And Replying To The Comments
- Give Shoutouts To Regular Commentors
- Optimize Your Channel Page
- Include A Subscribe Link In The Channel Art
- Add A Brand Watermark
- Write A Compelling Channel Description
- Have a channel tagline
- Embed videos in blog posts
- Promote your channel
- Utilize the Social media preview option
- Have a strong CTA in the end
- Make a trailer for the channel
- Funnel People to Subscriber Magnets
- Publish more videos from a niche that have higher views on your channels
Ques 3. How do YouTube videos go viral?
Ans. Your videos will go viral if people feel a strong urge to share the video with others once they finish watching them. So, regardless of whether your initial upload page is your social media or website, your video will appear across several platforms once it goes viral.
Here are some tips to make your videos go viral:
- Create content that people can relate to or something that gives them a good laugh.
- Look for keywords associated with your video, and title your video accordingly
- Add the suitable tags to the video, matching the phrases and words people look for most often
- Write an informative and justifying video description
- Be careful with the video’s format – for instance, looping and vertical videos work for Instagram and Square formats, and horizontal videos work for Facebook videos
- Decide the video’s length according to the video type and purpose
- Think when it is the optimal time to share your videos
- Choose the right thumbnail
- Before making your content public, get the feedback from people close to you
- Acknowledge the random nature of viral videos
- Keep a close look at analytics to see what works for your audience
Ques 4. Which topic is most searched on YouTube?
Ans. Some of the most searched YouTube topics include:
- NBA Youngboy
- Motu Patlu
- Bruno Mars
- Billie Eilish
Ques 5. What content is not allowed on YouTube?
Ans. If you’re wondering how to create a YouTube channel for beginners, you must be aware that below listed content is not allowed on YouTube:
- Predatory behavior
- Dangerous behavior
- Content that promotes harmful behavior
- Hate speech
- Malicious Attacks
- Graphic violence
Ques 6. How can I earn through YouTube?
Ans. There are several ways to make money via the YouTube Partner Program. These include:
- Advertising money – You can make money via video, overlay, and display ads.
- Merch shelf – Your YouTuber fans can shop for the official branded merchandise that appears on your pages.
- YouTube Premium revenue – You can join the YouTube Premium subscriber’s subscription fee when they watch your videos.
- Channel memberships – The members bear a recurring monthly payment for special perks you offer.
- Super stickers and super chat – Your fans can pay to have their messages highlighted in the chat stream.
Beyond this, there are more ways to make money via YouTube:
- Launch and sell your own merchandise
- Create sponsored content
- Become an affiliate partner
- Use crowdfunding
- License the content to the media
Ques 7. How frequently should you upload videos to YouTube?
Ans. You should know the right way how to start a YouTube channel for beginners. Studies suggest that the YouTube channels putting more than one piece of content in a week have better numbers and get more recommended views.
When you start your journey on YouTube, you wish for your audience to see more of you. It will help you build your audience. Hence, you must post at least three or more times per week.