Nursing Training Online: 14 Best Classes With Certificates
Being a healthcare professional is perhaps amongst the most critical jobs in the world. And in order to do justice to this extremely crucial profession, it is vital to be aware of the latest trends, developments and best practices related to this field.
Whether you are a nursing professional looking to develop your skills or a student thinking about pursuing a career in this sector, online nursing training courses can be immensely helpful.
To help you get started here is a carefully curated list of the best online nursing courses and nursing certificates online that you may consider taking up for professional career advancement.
- Best Online Nursing Classes
- Integrative Nursing Specialization
- The Science of Health Care Delivery (Coursera)
- Nursing Courses (edX)
- Career 911: Your Future Job in Medicine and Healthcare (Coursera)
- COVID-19 Contact Tracing For Nursing Professionals (Coursera)
- Airway Matters (FutureLearn)
- Public Health and Nursing (FutureLearn)
- Clinical Supervision with Confidence (FutureLearn)
- Free Nursing Courses (Alison)
- Bonus Best Online Nursing Training Courses
- Women and Cardiovascular Disease(American Nurses Association)
- Online Courses by American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- Online Nursing Programs and Healthcare Degrees (WGU College of Health Professions)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Procareer Academy)
- Nurse Assistant/CNA Training (American Red Cross)
Best Online Nursing Classes
This specialization has been designed for those who are willing to understand and learn about the relationship-based and patient-centered approach to nursing.
This type of approach makes use of several integrative healing modalities that you’ll be learning about in this best nursing certificate online. By the end of the specialization, you will be all set to team up with the patients to develop an integrative care plan that meets their requirements and preferences.
To earn the certificate, you are required to take all the courses included in the specialization as well as complete the hands-on project.
The 4 online learning courses included in this best nursing training online specialization are:
- Introduction to Integrative Nursing
- Aromatherapy: Clinical Use of Essential Oils
- Guided Imagery
- Mindfulness in Integrative Healthcare
|Return or refund policy||7-day-free trial option for those who subscribe|
|Duration||6 months approx. (3 hours per week)|
|Enrolled||3, 697 students|
|Instructor||Mary Jo Kreitzer, Megan Voss, Susan Thompson, Louise Delagran, Janet Tomaino, Deborah Ringdahl
In these online nursing courses, you will:
- Understand and evaluate the current and potential role of integrative nursing in the healthcare sector.
- Discuss and understand historical, clinical, research data and other evidence bases for the use of integrative therapies.
- Evaluate and assess whether a therapy is appropriate.
- Learn how to inform the patients about the risk and benefits associated with the therapy.
- Learn how to advise patients on use.
- Learn how to assess whether the therapy was useful.
- Learn how to use integrative nursing strategies and principles for symptom management and patient care.
- Gain valuable skills like patient-centered care, improved symptom management, stress and pain management, evidence-based practice, mindfulness, whole-person care, integrative healthcare, and more.
The new-age Science of Health Care Delivery training programs and online nursing courses created by the Mayo Clinic and the Arizona State University Alliance for Health Care look into how patient care and population health can be improved in terms of quality using scientific approaches.
It also examines solutions to bring down health costs. The complete training assesses the concepts and importance of the Science of Health Care Delivery and is suitable for current and aspiring health care providers.
This introductory course can help you understand what the training is all about. These online nursing classes consist of 12 videos, 4 readings and 1 practice exercise.
|Return or refund policy||–|
|Duration||Approx.. 2 hours|
|Enrolled||6, 764 students|
|Instructor||C. Don Johnson, Natalia Wilson
|Cons||Could have included better examples for a better understanding of the concepts|
By the end of this nursing training online, you will be able to:
- Understand the impact of education in the Science of Health Care Delivery on improving provider care quality, patient health and health care systems.
- Introduction to various domains of Science of Health Care Delivery.
- Video segments where you will meet a patient and caregivers who incorporate or use what they learned from the Science of Health Care delivery.
- Each video presentation ends with an expert reflection to give you a better understanding of the concepts.
- Additional resources for those who seek more information.
“Very intuitive and helpful for professionals in the healthcare domain.
At edX, you will find an array of science courses with nursing certificate online that’ll introduce you to various areas of medical science that you must be aware of if you want a career in nursing.
This platform brings together free, self-paced courses and paid MicroMasters® program offered by some of the best institutions around the world.
Here are the best online nursing courses on edX that you may consider opting for:
- Improving Global Health: Focusing on Quality and Safety
- MicroMasters® Program in Healthcare Administration
- Essential Competencies for Nurse Preceptors
- Hypertension in Primary Care – Improving Control and Reducing Risk
- Neuromuscular Monitoring Course
These best online nursing classes offered by Northwestern are for anyone interested in learning more about career options in health care and how to enter this sector.
Here, you will get a chance to connect with a community of like-minded people that can help you find valuable resources, explore your interests and come across exciting opportunities.
This is the best nursing certificate online that can be an excellent tool for counselors, parents and educators looking to support the professional advancement of students.
|Duration||Approx. 19 hours|
|Enrolled||20, 029 students|
|Instructor||Dr. Melissa A. Simon, Rabih Dahdouh
|Cons||The course may not be for absolute beginners|
In this best nursing training online, you will:
- Learn more about healthcare professions.
- Learn how to plan a career in health care.
- Learn relevant career skills like resume and cover letter writing, interviewing, job search, networking and more.
- Learn strategies you require to land jobs in the healthcare sector.
- Learn from stories and experiences shared by those who already work in this sector.
- Learn from experienced guests and lecturers.
Who should take this course?
This nursing course is for:
- Students, recent graduates, and professionals considering exploring other career options can explore these best online nursing training courses.
This course was very helpful. Every person who participated in this course, especially the professor, was amazing. explained every point and theme. I learned so much.
Up next on our list of best online nursing courses is this program offered by the University of Houston. It gives an overview of the wide impact of COVID-19 and explains how contact tracing can be used as a tool to control the spread of the virus for nurses.
This beginner-level nursing training online covers various important topics like an overview of COVID-19, public health in the era of the coronavirus, contract tracing 101, and ethical issues and special populations.
|Return or refund policy||14 days|
|Duration||Approx. 11 hours of online nursing classes|
|Enrolled||6, 774 students|
Bettina Beech, Lechauncy Woodard
|Cons||The referred reading section needs to be updated.|
In this course, you will be learning how to:
- Mark out the symptoms, signs, epidemiology and modes of transmission of COVD-19.
- Describe the underlying risk factors that vulnerable groups experience that predispose to the disease.
- Learn more about the resources available for high-risk communities.
- Define the aim of contact tracing along with the context in which contact tracing is conducted.
- You will also be learning how to identify the challenges as well as effective communication strategies associated with it in this nursing certificate online.
“its a helpful course for nurses and other healthcare proffesionals to do contact tracing in this pandemic situation.thank you so much for providing this course for me.
Safe airway management when handling a patient is perhaps one of the most difficult and crucial tasks undertaken by healthcare professionals. This nursing training online focuses on developing safe and effective ways to manage the airway in patients.
In these online nursing courses, you will be learning the main concepts associated with safe airway management, how to prevent complications, how to improve safety, ways to improve multidisciplinary response to critical situations, and how to be ready to tackle difficult situations.
You will be covering various techniques that come in handy in several hospitals as well as non-hospital settings.
|Duration||6 weeks (4 hours per week)|
|Enrolled||33, 029 students|
|Instructor||Emilie Martinoni Hoogenboom, Laura Elgie, Julian Wijesuriya
In these online nursing classes, you will:
- Improve your strategies to tackle unexpected difficult airways and understand the guidelines for special situations.
- Identify the main learning points and recommendations on major airway management complications.
- Understand how to incorporate principles of multidisciplinary planning, teamwork, and communication in shared airway interventions.
- Have a better understanding of non-technical as well as technical aspects of safe airway management in the case of critically ill patients and patients undergoing surgery.
- Take part in a global discussion on airway matters with experts.
- Explore airway management challenges and safe practices in a pre-hospital setting.
Who should take this course?
These online nursing classes are for:
- Those who are part of the multidisciplinary team who offer airway support to patients.
- Those who care for patients with compromised airways may take up this nursing certificate online.
This nursing training program is for those who want to understand how professionals in nursing can assess community healthcare requirements and analyze public health theories to become public health promotion leaders.
You will also be learning about what leads to financial healthcare inequalities and how to create effective community health needs assessments.
The platform offers ExpertTrack, a series of topic-focused best online nursing classes to help individuals gain new skills in a specialist area. You will be receiving a certificate for each of the best online nursing training courses you complete.
Also, you will be getting a digital certificate for passing the final assessment. The best online nursing courses included in this ExpertTrack are:
- Public Health and Nursing: Drive Public Health Promotion
- Public Health and Nursing: The Greatest Wealth is Health
- Public Health and Nursing: Feeling the Community’s Pulse
- Public Health and Nursing: Healing the Community
- Public Health and Nursing: Building a Culture of Health
|Return or refund policy||7-day free trial available|
|Duration||Approx. 10 weeks (5 hours per week)|
|Cons||This course is for intermediate-level learners.|
In this nursing training online, you will:
- Learn more about principles and concepts associated with public health and global health.
- Learn more about the political, social and economic factors that impact health inequalities and status.
- Understand the challenges presented to the nursing profession by public health and global health.
- Have a better understanding of how research, evidence and epidemiology affect the role of a nurse in assessing healthcare requirements.
- This course provides valuable skills in assessment, evaluation, leadership, nursing, research, and public health.
Who should take this course?
This is the best nursing certificate online for:
- Experienced nursing professionals who are looking forward to learning more about becoming public health promotion leaders.
If you hold a supervisory position in the healthcare sector, this is one of the best online nursing courses to help you support and guide students, trainees and learners.
Developed by the University of East Anglia, this program will help enhance your skills as a clinical supervisor or educator.
You can join for free with limited access or buy the online nursing classes or subscribe to unlimited option for complete access and a certificate of completion.
|Duration||2 weeks approx.. (4 hours of weekly study)|
|Enrolled||26, 865 students|
After taking this nursing certificate online, you will be able to
- Understand the purpose and various models of clinical supervision in a better way.
- Understand how to give effective feedback to learners or trainees.
- Understand the models of giving constructive feedback.
- Learn how to develop strategies for recognizing learners in difficulty at an early stage.
- Learn more about practical approaches to manage and support learners facing difficulties.
- Cover several crucial topics, including clinical supervision, giving and receiving feedback, tips for clinical supervisors and more.
Who should take this course?
These nursing classes are for:
- Post-registration doctors and healthcare professionals.
- Healthcare professionals who have supervisory responsibility
This platform offers several free courses, certificates and diplomas. These courses have been carefully created for those looking to support their professional development to move forward in their career.
These best online nursing classes focus on various vital skills necessary to do well in the healthcare field. Here, you will find courses related to various aspects of nursing like pediatric advanced life support, patient care and hygiene, bloodborne pathogens, physical examinations, and surgical care.
These courses allow you to begin or grow your nursing career while learning at your own pace.
Here are a few best nursing certificate online programs that Alison offers:
- Diploma in Nursing and Patient Care – Revised 2017
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Nursing Studies – The Nurse as Team Leader and Teacher
- Nursing Studies – The Physical Examination
Bonus Online Nursing Courses
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Here are a few additional online learning classes for you to choose from.
This course focuses on equipping nursing professionals with the knowledge they require to better aid women in preventing cardiovascular disease and identifying the early signs of myocardial infarction.
In addition, you will be covering topics like risk factors associated with CVD in women, strategies for preventing CVD and comparing the symptoms and signs of MI between male and female patients.
The platform offers a series of online nursing courses that have been specially designed for healthcare professionals who want to continue education and professional training to stay updated about the latest development in their sector.
The online nursing classes in this program consist of animation, videos, visual stimulations, and rich visuals to suit various learning styles. The content of these online learning classes has been developed and tested by nursing experts.
This platform offers various nursing certificate online and healthcare degrees. These self-paced programs are especially suitable for those who have a very busy schedule but are looking to build a career in the healthcare sector.
The platform gives you a variety of online nursing training courses to choose from so that you can find a program that suits your requirements.
4. Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Procareer Academy)
Certified Nursing Assistants or CNAs are healthcare providers who offer hands-on healthcare to patients and assist with various tasks, including dressing, feeding, bathing and more.
This nursing training online program has been designed for people looking to make a career in this line of work. The training approach used in these online nursing classes is a combination of strong theoretical background and hands-on instruction of essential clinical skills.
These classes offer a comprehensive curriculum and include theory and skills practice required to understand the concepts better. Here, you will be learning from experienced nurse instructors.
This program with online nursing courses focuses on decision-making, critical thinking, team concepts, interpersonal skills, and more. Learners can expect to complete this top best nursing training online within 4-8 weeks.
Choose a training program that covers all the relevant skills you want to gain or develop. These best online nursing classes will certainly help you explore the best practices followed by top healthcare professionals around the world. All the best!
You might also like: Best Immunology Courses