Email marketing involves email as a medium to promote the services or products while simultaneously building relationships with present and potential clients or customers. So, whenever a company sends an email, not including the direct responses and order confirmations to the customer queries, it can be labeled as email marketing.
Naturally, it includes online marketing via social media, blogs, websites, and alike. Furthermore, even the newsletters giving company updates or intimation on sales or exclusive subscriber deals can also be clubbed under email marketing.
Some companies even use email marketing to share important company messages, such as speaking about any recent calamity or any update which involves the clients or the company. Overall, the objective of email marketing is to ensure that the customers are well-informed and updated.
Even though it is one of the most affordable forms of marketing, it can drive the customers away if not done correctly. Thus, you need to learn the ins and outs of email marketing. Fortunately for you, we bring some of the best free email marketing certification courses available online.
You can browse through the available free email marketing courses and make your pick. To simplify the process for you, we scoured through the internet and handpicked a few of the top email marketing courses that are available for free. Let us get started and discuss these courses one by one.
Best Email Marketing Free Online Courses
- Email Marketing Made Easy For Beginners – [Udemy]
- Basics of Email Marketing – [Udemy]
- Email Marketing Mastery Course  – [Udemy]
- MailChimp for Beginners (1 hour starter course) – [Udemy]
- The Complete MailChimp Email Marketing Course For Beginners – [Udemy]
- Advanced Email Marketing – [SkillUp by Simplilearn]
- Email Marketing Course: Get Certified in Email Marketing – [HubSpot Academy]
- Connect through email – Offered by Google Digital Garage – [Learn With Google]
- Email marketing course – [SendinBlue]
- Email Marketing – [My Great Learning]
Top 10 Courses To Learn Email Marketing Free
1. Email Marketing Made Easy For Beginners – [Udemy]
|Duration||1hr 11min of on-demand video|
|Paid or Free||Free|
|Cons||Sadly, the pace at which the session was delivered was not quite satisfactory|
To best free email marketing training is presented to you by Udemy. Broadly, two kinds of learning materials are included in the course. Firstly, you will find screen recording videos that help you learn how to complete the task in real-time, and secondly, some general videos to understand the concept better.
Even though you do not earn a free email marketing certification with this course, it is still a good course and has quite a lot to learn. A few important things you can expect to know are:
- Launching your first-ever email campaign
- Building a lead magnet
- Familiarity with the email marketing basics
- Growing your email list
- Writing better emails
- Using email autoresponders properly
- Using email broadcasters
- Understanding the importance of categorical opt-ins and content upgrades
There are no definite prerequisites associated with the course. You need no prior knowledge of email platforms for the course. However, if you know the fundamental MS Office products, it can prove beneficial. can prove beneficial.
Who should take this course?
If you wish to learn email marketing free, this can be a good pick. This email marketing free online course is perfect for someone new to email marketing, as it is a beginner-friendly course.
Also, please bear in mind that this may not be the best free email marketing course for someone already proficient at this skill.
Overall, small business owners, bloggers, internet marketers who wish to use email marketing for business advancement can benefit from the course.
Review by Prajwal.
“Excellent course, I learned a lot about what email marketing is and what are the different ways you can use it
2. Basics of Email Marketing – [Udemy]
|Duration||34min of on-demand video|
|Cons||Unfortunately, the course is entirely theoretical with minimum practical explanation.|
This course by Udemy is meant to help the learners learn some key email marketing concepts. However, you do not earn any free email marketing certification for this course.
You can take this course to learn email marketing free. Some things you can expect to learn with this best free email marketing training are:
- Fundamental Email Marketing clarity
- Knowledge of the different kinds of emails used by organizations
- Rules associated with email marketing
- Basic metrics employed in email marketing for tracking
- Rules and basics of a good email
For this best free email marketing course, you will need:
- A headset
- PC or a laptop
Fortunately, since it is beginner-friendly course, you need no prior knowledge of it.
Who should take this course?
It is the best course for anyone interested in learning about email marketing. So, if you wish to learn email marketing free, this is a good pick.
Review by Mahesh R.
“It’s a very good introduction to email marketing with understanding of various aspects.
3. Email Marketing Mastery Course  – [Udemy]
|Duration||1hr 58min of on-demand video|
|Instructor||Hasan Aboul Hasan|
|Cons||Even though it is an excellent course, newer, more interactive content can be included.|
Next, we have another free email marketing training program provided by Udemy. A great thing about this best free email marketing course is that its instructor is incredibly responsive.
So, if ever you have a doubt, your instructor will make it a point to revert instantly. Even though no free email marketing certification is included in the course, the giveaway is massive. Once you are through with this course, you can:
- Begin your own email marketing classes
- Run successful email marketing campaigns
- Manage your client’s marketing campaigns
There are many things that this best email marketing free online course will teach you. These include:
- Understanding of email marketing
- Different kinds of email marketing systems
- Working with Mailchimp
- Automating Email Marketing
- Working with Mailwizz
- Building an Email List
- Using Optin Forms and Lead Magnets
- Spam Factors knowledge to get the email in the inbox
- Writing emails that convert
For this free email marketing training, you will need:
- Internet Connection
- Desire and passion for learning
- Some time
Who should take this course?
This free email marketing course is suitable for:
- Email marketers
- Digital marketers
- Online business owners
- Anyone interested in learning email marketing
Review by Michelle B.
“Very informative and helpful material. He is a good instructor who makes it interesting to watch.
4. MailChimp for Beginners (1 hour starter course) – [Udemy]
|Duration||1hr 14min of on-demand video|
|Cons||The instructor could try some newer ways to make this course more engaging.|
At present, over 12 million businesses and people utilize MailChimp for sending over 1 billion emails daily. Hence, it is indeed a global leader in email marketing. Moreover, MailChimp can be your newest best friend, thanks to its easy-to-use interface and impeccable features.
Some things that this one of the best free email marketing training will teach you are:
- Fundamentals of MailChimp
- How MailChimp Works
- Sending and creating effective email marketing campaigns
Unfortunately, no free email marketing certification is included in the course, but it is an excellent beginner-friendly course. There are no prerequisites associated with this course. All you need is to sign up to MailChimp, and you are ready to go.
Who should take this course?
This course to learn email marketing free is meant for people who wish to navigate MailChimp. Further, anyone who aspires to employ the truest power of email marketing will benefit from the course.
Review by Naomi W.
“Finding it very helpful, the course instructor explains everything perfectly. Whilst he explains I have a MailChimp tab open, so I am able to go along with everything he is saying.
5. The Complete MailChimp Email Marketing Course For Beginners – [Udemy]
|Duration||2hr 22min of on-demand video|
|Cons||Some parts of the course are slightly outdated.|
Now, we have another free email marketing course by Udemy. Like the others on the list, it is an excellent course with a lot to learn. Sadly, no certification is included in the class
A few things that this course will teach you are:
- Clarity on the basics of email marketing
- Knowledge of creating a Mailchimp account
- Setting up a primary email funnel
- Boosting sales with email marketing
- Driving more traffic
- Building your MailChimp AccountIntegrating website with MailChimp
- Creating an Email List
- Designing WordPress website
- Writing compelling emails
- Searching for affiliate products and offers for promotion
- Using social media to increase your email subscribers
- Making passive income by using your email list to sell affiliate offers
- Repurposing online content
- Promoting your content to your email list
- Creating your Autoresponder Series
- Creating Pop forms
- Designing Sign-up Forms
This course is designed bearing the beginners in mind. So, no prior knowledge is needed. However, if you have an existing experience with WordPress, it can be helpful, but it is not mandatory. Also, time and internet connection is compulsory.
Who should take this course?
This course is suitable for someone:
- New to MailChimp
- New to Email Marketing
Review by Abdulla U.
“its very useful for beginners to learn about email marketing
Bonus Free Email Marketing Courses
1. Advanced Email Marketing – [SkillUp by Simplilearn]
SkillUp by Simplilearn has developed an excellent course to help you learn email marketing free. It is a free email marketing certification course that will take you through top-notch strategies to create effective advertisements.
As you progress through this free email marketing training, you will develop an insight into promoting a product or service and bagging greater sales.
Towards the end of this course, you will know the ins and outs of email marketing. In addition, you get 90-day access to the course.
This is an elaborate course, and there is a lot to learn in this best free email marketing course. A few of these things are listed below:
- Sending mass emails
- Email regulations and rules
- Email Campaigns
- Driving traffic via emails
- Building email lists
- Getting email subscribers
- Brand marketing via emails
- Email marketing basics
The course is meant for beginners. So, if you take this course to learn email marketing free, the good thing is that there are no prerequisites associated with the class.
But, familiarity with internet usage, HTML, and MS Office is recommended. Further, this is a five-hour-long free email marketing certification course. So, it would be best if you had time and patience for the course.
2. Email Marketing Course: Get Certified in Email Marketing – [HubSpot Academy]
Next, we have on our list of best email marketing free online courses, a course by HubSpot. It is a certification course and helps you build an email strategy that is helpful and helps strengthen your bond with your contacts.
So, by taking this course, you are in a way investing in yourself and your career, as it is genuinely one of the most in-demand skills. The course comprises nine lessons, twenty-eight videos, nine quizzes, which span over 3.18 hours.
It is a free email marketing certification course designed to help you learn a variety of things. Some things you will know with this best free email marketing training program are:
- Email marketing fundamentals
- Application of the learned principles
3. Connect through email – Offered by Google Digital Garage – [Learn With Google]
As part of this course, you will learn to send special offers and newsletters to customers via email. This acquired training can help you develop key relationships with customers globally.
As part of this course, you will learn to:
- Build good relationships with customers
- Target audiences according to their interests
- Develop a contact list
4. Email marketing course – [SendinBlue]
Next, we have the best free email marketing course by SendinBlue. It is an excellent course, wherein you learn email marketing from base to the most advanced level. A great thing about this course is that it fetches you a personal expert certification upon completion. You can include this in your CV to amplify your chances of landing a job.
Some things that this course will teach you are:
- Creating an email marketing strategy that can build solid relationships and good engagement
- Learn email marketing the right way
- Practical tips of the latest marketing trends
- Expert advice on handling personalized segmentation, contact management, growing your subscriber list, and optimizing your campaign’s performance
Broadly, this course will teach you everything you ought to learn to be a good marketer – from email deliverability to A/B testing and even the GDPR.
Who should take this course?
It is an excellent certification course for:
- Advanced marketers
- CRM Managers
- Email Marketing Managers
- Online marketing managers
- Content managers
- Sales managers
- Individual Consultants
5. Email Marketing – [My Great Learning]
We have arrived at the last course to learn email marketing free. With a rating of 4.46, it is one of the top-recommended online courses. Upon completion, you will earn a certification, and you can include this certification in your resume or share it on LinkedIn to amplify your chances of landing a job.
Some things you can learn with this course are:
- What email marketing is
- Setting up email marketing
- Testing of emails
- Tips and tricks associated with email marketing
- Benefits of email marketing
- Using MailChimp hands-on
- Acquiring and engaging new users with emails
Skills you will acquire
Some skills that this free email marketing training will help you with are:
- Lifecycle of the customer journey
- Strategic thinking
- Getting email subscribers
- Email marketing
Now that we know about the best free email marketing courses available online, let us have a look at the benefits of using email marketing.
Benefits of Email Marketing
Now that you know about the best free email marketing certification courses, we will further discuss some top benefits associated with email marketing.
1. It is affordable
A prime benefit of email marketing is that it is relatively easier on the budget compared to other marketing channels. You do not have to bear any additional fees in exchange (as in the case of a broadcast on a print or digital medium).
Further, there are no print or postage costs. Of course, some marketers might want to invest in software that can evaluate, track, or automate emails, but that cost is also not very high.
2. You can create customized content.
Another significant perk of email marketing is that it lets you create personalized content. So naturally, nobody wishes to read through your broadcasted message if nothing is directly aimed towards them.
So, with email marketing, you can categorize your customers into different lists as per their preferences and personalize your content. This can make the customers feel that certain content is solely meant for them and make them want to engage with it.
3. It helps strengthen relationships with existing customers and build relationships with new customers.
Email marketing can be an excellent way to solidify your relationships with current and potential customers. With customized, engaging, and well-crafted emails and newsletters, you can win the trust of your customers. Also, when customers trust you, they will always come back to you for repeat services.
4. It heightens brand recognition.
Email marketing can help build your brand, but brand recognition is not curtailed to the design. One must persistently offer good content to the audience; only then will they recognize you and anticipate your emails.
5. It helps amplify sales.
It can motivate the customers into impulse buying. If you know the drill, you can make the customers shop from you by:
- Listing the items similar to what the customers usually buy
- Featuring most shopped products along with the products your buyers mostly buy.
- Sending them loyalty coupons for future purchases.
All of this can help amplify the sales for your brand.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques 1. What are the four types of email marketing?
Ans. The four key kinds of email marketing include:
- Transactional Email
- Product Update Email
- Informational Email
- Digital Newsletter
Ques 2. What is the most popular email marketing service provider/tool?
Ans. Mailchimp and ActiveCampaign are the two most popular email marketing service providers.
Ques 3. Are email marketing and digital marketing the same?
Ans. No, digital marketing is a broader term, and email marketing is only one part of it.
So, these are the top free email marketing courses on the internet. It has been our sincere attempt to handpick only the best options for you. So, regardless of your choice, it will be one of the best email marketing free online courses.
However, we recommend you click on the annexed links to read more about these courses. This will help you gather further information on the same. So, go ahead, and take your pick for the best free email marketing certification course.