Top Free Nursing Online Courses With Certificates
What’s your take on online nursing courses with certificate? We have all experienced the two years of the deadly COVID-19 pandemic. During this time, there was an unprecedented demand on the public healthcare system at a local, national, and global level.
Amidst this, the focus was on community health. While the doctors were doing their job at the core level, it couldn’t be half as better without the support of the nursing staff. As is rightly said by the founder of modern nursing, Florence Nightingale, the role of nurses in positive public healthcare promotion and reform is unparalleled.
So, if you, too, wish to be a part of this sector and contribute to saving many-many lives, you should enroll in a nursing course. There is no shortage of free nursing online courses with certificates on the internet. So, you can get a gist of the field without spending a penny.
These online classes of nursing are offered by some of the world’s top universities and colleges. Hence, you will receive best-in-class education, from the comfort of your home, at your time and schedule.
Could it get any better than that? We think not. So, let us address the top certified nursing courses online.
- Top Seven Certified Nursing Classes Online
- Red Cross Nurse Assistant Training – [Red Cross]
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) – [Procareer Academy]
- Free Nursing Courses – [Udemy]
- Top Nursing Courses – [Coursera]
- Best Online Nursing Classes – [edX]
- Free Online Nursing Courses – [Alison]
- Public Health and Nursing – Created by Coventry University – [Future Learn]
7 Best Online Nursing Courses Free & Paid
Next, we have one of the best free online nursing courses with certificates by the Red Cross. The organization has been a gold standard in nurse assistant training since 1990. On average, around 5000 students take these nursing classes online free.
Of them, the graduation rate is 90 percent. After your course completion, the probability of passing the state exam to become a licensed or certified nurse assistant is as high as eighty percent.
In this one of the best-certified nursing courses online, you will learn from the credentialed nurse instructors possessing professional experience. It is not one of the very long certificates in nursing courses.
You can expect to finish your sessions and be prepared for the state certification exam to become a certified nurse assistant in about one to two months of starting the training.
However, before appearing for the state exam, you should enroll in their online test prep module. It is optional and can help boost your performance.
You will learn as per the curriculum that meets state and federal education regulations in these free nursing classes. These certified nursing classes online cover:
- Theoretical aspects of nursing
- Skill practice is also a part of these free online nursing courses with certificates
- Experience of working at a skilled nursing facility
- Decision-making, critical thinking, and team concepts while simultaneously incorporating elements of care and communication/interpersonal skills
Who should take this course?
It is one of the best free nursing courses for:
- Students who wish to train and test to be a nurse assistant
- Provider wishes to offer the training
Why Red Cross?
The Red Cross nursing certificate courses ensure you receive an educational experience that trains you to be a well-rounded, well-qualified nurse assistant.
At Red Cross, you can find education in two different formats:
1. Instructor-led (100% classroom) – These online nursing courses with certificates comprise an array of teaching activities and methods like a lecture, video, multimedia, and discussion, textbook. The class guarantees an effective, engaging learning experience.
2. Blended learning (digital and classroom) – These best online classes for nursing offer dynamic content. It has expert segments and story-based interactive sections, and movie-quality videos.
What are Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs)? These are healthcare professionals offering hands-on healthcare to patients in any medical setting. The role of the CNAs involves helping the patients with feeding, dressing, bathing, and other fundamental activities of routine nature.
So, now, do you wish to be a Certified Nursing Assistant? If yes, this is one of the best free nursing courses.
As part of this one of the top nursing certificate courses, you will prepare to be California-approved CAN. It is a California-approved Certified Nursing Assistant course monitored by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH).
Herein, you will see a solid mix of theoretical background with comprehensive hands-on clinical skills instruction and prepare for the State of California Nursing Assistant Examination. You will receive the certification once you finish the course and pass the CA State Exam. Hence, the online nursing courses with certificates work towards all-around development.
You can find certified nursing courses online from Red Class:
You can log in during class hours, turn on the computer, and participate actively in the class. However, this implies that these are instructor-led best online classes for nursing. So, you cannot take them at your time and schedule. There will be a fixed time, and you will have to be available then.
In these nursing classes online free, you will learn:
- Role of a nursing assistant with instruction in basic skills and competencies
- Essential nursing knowledge and skills
- How to make a career in nursing
For these certified nursing classes online, you need:
- To be at least 16 years of age. If not, you need to provide parental consent.
- Valid CA Photo ID – (CA ID card, Passport, Driver’s License, Green Card)
- A clean record – no criminal cases
- Valid Social Security card (matching first and last name)
- Proof of good health – report with PPD TB Test, physical examination, Chest X-Ray (CXR), all with clearance and signature from a healthcare provider, confirming good health
- Current Flu shot
- A valid BLS/CPR card
In addition, for these nursing certificate courses, you require:
- A laptop or computer
- Internet connection
You can also attend the class with the phone if you do not have a computer, but for the best experience, you need a computer or at least a laptop.
Next on our list is a group of nursing classes online free of cost presented by Udemy. However, these are not free online nursing courses with certificates.
These are top-notch free nursing courses offered by reputed professors and institutes. However, these free Udemy classes are not for you if you are looking for nursing certificate courses.
Udemy does offer certificates in nursing courses but they are all paid. You can check out these best online nursing classes here. But, if you are only looking for skill development and knowledge acquisition, a free course without certificate from Udemy would suffice.
They have several of the internet’s best online nursing courses. Below, we enlist some of them:
- Nursing Management and Leadership
- Nursing Tips for Nursing Students! Let’s get motivated!
- Nursing health promotion
- Nursing Psychology
Coursera is another reputed hub for free nursing classes. Top universities and experts from round the globe offer these online classes of nursing.
You may not find free online nursing courses with certificates here, but there is no shortage of no-cost lectures. They have many certified nursing classes online, but to get the certificate, you will have to bear a small premium fee for them. Free or paid, Coursera will not disappoint you.
All of Coursera’s free nursing courses are 100% online. So, there are self-paced. You can start, take, and finish at your timeline. You can also set and reset the schedule at your convenience.
In addition, Coursera has nursing classes online free for every skill level and expertise. So, there are courses for beginners, intermediate students, and advanced-level professionals who want to bridge the gap in their learning.
Some of the best online nursing classes by Coursera include:
- Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us – Offered by The University of Pennsylvania (commonly referred to as Penn)
- Anatomy Specialization – Offered by the University of Michigan
- The Science of Health Care Delivery – Offered by the Arizona State University
- Integrative Nursing Specialization – Offered by the University of Minnesota
You might also like: Best Anatomy & Physiology Classes
At number third on this list of the best online nursing courses is a set of classes by edX. Like Coursera, even edX has associations with top colleges and universities, and on edX, you can find both instructor-led and self-paced online nursing courses with certificates.
So, you can browse through their offerings to find the best online classes for nursing suitable for your needs.
There are some things you need to know about edX courses.
- At edX, you can take the courses for free, but they do not get you a certification.
- If you need a certificate, it comes at a premium.
- Another difference between free and paid courses is access to the instructor.
- You also do not get graded assignments in free courses.
A few of their top courses include:
- Improving Global Health: Focusing on Quality and Safety – Offered by Harvard University
- To Prescribe or Not To Prescribe? Antibiotics and Outpatient Infections – Offered by Stanford Online
- So You Want To Be A Surgeon? – Offered by the University of Hong Kong
- Global Public Health – Offered by SDG Academy
Alison is a hub for free online nursing courses with certificates. They designed their nursing classes online free to foster your professional development so you can advance in your career in the healthcare sector. All their nursing certificate courses help you elevate your skills.
Alison offers several free nursing classes. They have designed their certificate in nursing course to cater to the challenges and the changes in health care delivery. You can find the best online classes for nursing to accentuate your skills and knowledge in your designed nursing aspect.
It has been Alison’s sincere attempt to offer some of the best online nursing courses on every aspect and topic associated with nursing.
Some topics covered in their online nursing courses with certificates include:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Patient Care And Hygiene
- Surgical Care
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support
- Physical Examinations
The available certified nursing classes online will help you attain clinical skills and enhanced knowledge vital to your area of practice.
Still, thinking about certificate in nursing courses? Join Alison’s free nursing online courses with certificates and start, develop, or grow your nursing career. You can find 100% online, self-paced courses here through which you can learn from the comfort of your home.
A few of their top certified nursing courses online are:
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP)
- Nursing Studies – Patient Care and Hygiene – Revised 2018
Next, we have a bundle of top free online nursing courses with certificates. These nursing classes online free help nurses assess community health needs, understand public health theories, and work towards public health promotion. As part of these best online nursing classes, you will learn directly from the healthcare experts at Coventry University.
These certificate in nursing courses is a bundle of five classes:
- Public Health and Nursing: Drive Public Health Promotion
- Public Health and Nursing: The Greatest Wealth is Health
- Public Health and Nursing: Feeling the Community’s Pulse
- Public Health and Nursing: Healing the Community
- Public Health and Nursing: Building a Culture of Health
In these free nursing classes, you analyze the values, concepts, principles, and global and public health theory. Some things you will learn in these nursing certificate courses are:
- Role of nurses in positive public health promotion and reform
- Discovering what wellbeing means in practice
- Know how what it means to be healthy
- Learning what good public health looks like now and what it may be in future
- Undertake effective public health interventions
- Explore epidemiological, comparative, and corporate approaches
- Ways in which nurses can empower people to their personal agency and better their health.
- Learn how public health partnerships help in the betterment of healthcare policy
- Create a community health needs assessment
- Knowing how nurses can improve the health of communities
- Discovering the factors behind poor public health
- Understand the techniques and strategies needed to better public health in your region
- Know the reasons and causes of financial health inequalities that persist
- Study the social model of health
- Make a difference in a world with unequal access to nursing and care
- Identifying the problem and knowing what to do.
- Know what constitutes a community
- Learn the best strategies for contributing to a community health needs assessment
- Examine individual and community health needs
- understanding issues related to community empowerment, participation, and development
- Become a public health promotion leader
- Lead a culture of public health in your nursing practice
- Create a public health action model
When you finish these online nursing courses with certificate, you will have the requisite training and knowledge about how nurses can drive change in their communities and be confident in your abilities to offer the proper care as a public health campaigner and social reformer. Also, these are 100% online free nursing classes. So, you can learn at your pace from the comfort of your home.
In addition, these nursing certificate courses make you job-ready. So, as you learn the subject contents, complete every class, and pass assessments, you will receive certificates validated by the education organization.
This highlight the job-relevant skills you acquire. You can download the certificate and include it in your CV to make a career in the field.
Please remember the courses are not 100% free. However, you receive a seven-day free trial. So, if you like what you learn, you can decide if you want full access to assessments and courses.
For these free nursing courses, you need some experience. So, these best online nursing courses are for experienced nurses who wish to enhance and extend their understanding of how nurses can lead public health promotion.
You require time and patience to take these online classes of nursing. These are 10-week best online nursing classes. So, you will have to dedicate at least five hours every week to it.
Who should take these courses?
These certified nursing classes online will benefit:
- Health professionals
These are all good nursing courses from reputed platforms but not all of them come with a certificate. Even with the courses from Coursera and edX, you get a certificate only after you pay a small fees. As for Udemy, the free nursing classes do not have the option of awarding a certificate but this does not mean their course content is any less valuable.