10 Best HTML Classes Online with Integrated Training
There is a rise in the number of software programs, so much so that it feels that just about anyone can create a web page today. Wouldn’t it be better if you really knew how to make a webpage?
Of course, if you go looking, there is an array of online resources and excellent textbooks to help you learn web design. But one common problem that you may experience with these resources is that most of them demand you to have a certain prior experience or knowledge.
However, if you have no knowledge or some knowledge and want to build onto it, you can enroll yourself in one of the best HTML classes online.
Is HTML Worth to Learn In 2022 ?
People who know how to code indeed have greater control over the final product – webpage. So, learning HTML is definitely worth it!
Well, the internet is full of HTML courses online. So, how do you find the best course to learn HTML online? Well, we researched for you and have brought forth the list of 10 of the best HTML classes online. Let us get started and address these courses one by one.
Table of Contents
- Best HTML Courses, Classes, and Training Lessons
- Introduction to HTML5 – by University of Michigan – [Coursera]
- Web Design for Beginners: Real World Coding in HTML & CSS – [Udemy]
- Introduction to HTML – Offered by Coursera Project Network – [Coursera]
- Build Websites from Scratch with HTML & CSS – [Udemy]
- HTML5 Coding Essentials and Best Practices – by W3C – [edX]
- Web Development By Doing: HTML / CSS From Scratch – [Udemy]
- Bonus HTML Courses Online
- Course Selection Criteria
This Year’s Top 10 HTML Courses and Classes
This is a beginner-friendly HTML certification course suitable for novice learners who wish to acquire HTML knowledge and get confident in it.
Towards the end of this course,you will be working on a small final project, which will require the completion of a simple page with images and links.
This HTML course online is flexible, wherein you can start and finish at your timeline.
|Rating||4.7 based on 24500+ reviews|
|Return or refund policy||14-days from the date of the payment|
|Duration||Approx. 13 hours to complete|
|Instructor||Colleen van Lent, Ph.D. and Charles Russell Severance|
|Cons||The quiz section has quite a few errors.|
Coursera is genuinely the best website to learn HTML. This HTML training online introduces you to the fundamentals of HTML. So, once you take this course, you will:
- Learn about the HTML theory
- Practical aspects of HTML
- Managing an HTML website
- Importance of sticking by the semantic standards for promoting wide accessibility and syntactic standards for validation
Who should take this course?
This is suitable for a plethora of people, but most specifically, this HTML certification course will appeal to anyone who needs the step-by-step introduction of the basics.
As such, there are no prerequisites to take this. So, you can begin these HTML classes online, sans any prior knowledge, IT experience, or programming skills.
Learner Career Outcomes
- Eleven percent of students who took these HTML classes online started a new career.
- Fourteen percent learners received a tangible career benefit.
Reviews by AB:
“I really enjoyed everything about this course. I thought the exercises/quizzes were fair and the instructor showed me many things that will serve me well going forward. Great course, great instructor!
The sole web app functionality, which the user directly interacts with, is via the web page. If you poorly implement it, the user will find the server-side appear irrelevant.
In the web-driven world, the user expects a lot from a web page. The page must load quickly, be responsive, and present the right service without compromising accessibility. So, this HTML certification course will familiarize you with all of these aspects. It is a 100% online course. So, you can start and end at your timeline.
|Rating||4.7 based 12400+ reviews|
|Return or refund policy||14-day from the date of payment|
|Duration||Approx. 40 hours|
|Enrolled||611,325 students have taken this HTML course online|
|Cons||Some sections of the course are quite outdated.|
We call them the best HTML classes online for a reason. With this course you will equip yourself with all the essential tools, which every web coder should know.
Some things included in this HTML course online are:
- Implementing modern web pages with CSS and HTML
- Learning to code to ensure that the components resize and rearrange themselves automatically as per the user’s screen
- Coding a web page, which is equally helpful on the desktop and mobile
- Building a fully functional web app that uses Ajax
Reviews by AT:
This was a really great course, I learned so much, and it was really interesting and very well explained. And the field trip was good. Thank you Coursera and Yaakov Chaikin for this wonderful course !
Now you no longer need to curtail your ability to build websites to some site builder. With these HTML classes online, your instructor will teach you some vital concepts that will help you create a phenomenal website.
|Rating||4.6 based on 18200+ reviews|
|Return or refund policy||30-Day Money-Back Guarantee|
|Duration||11 hours on-demand video|
|Cons||The problem most students have experienced in the course is that the instructor himself solves all the exercises. So, the students are unable to solve them on their own. This can make it hard for the beginners to gauge their understanding of how well they are learning from the course. A few more exercises should be added that students can practice on their own.|
In this HTML training online, there is an array of things you will learn. These include:
- Creating a website layout that you can possibly imagine
- Using the standard vocabulary prevalent in the design world
- Supporting all device sizes with responsive layouts
- Adding effects with CSS3
- Including fantastic animations with CSS3
Udemy has phenomenal beginner-friendly courses, and this is one of them. Hence, for this HTML course online, there are no prerequisites.
You do not need any software familiarity either to take this course. However, since it is an online course, you surely need a good computer, stable internet connection, and some time in hand.
Further, faith in your professor will also make it easier for you to learn, following the technique adopted by them.
Who should take these HTML classes online?
This is a great beginner course to learn HTML online. It is ideal for:
- Anyone who aspires to know to create websites professionally
- Anyone who has had web design as a hobby and now wishes to build on it
- Students with a bit of knowledge of HTML5 & CSS3 wanting to learn further
Reviews by Leia Laaksonen:
“Excellent for beginners! Schiff has a pleasant voice and explains things so that they’re easy to understand. Very pleased with this course, I recommend it to all beginners interested in HTML!
Coursera is genuinely one of the best websites to learn HTML, and this guided project is another proof of that. This project commences with HTML and prepares you will the necessary steps to take you on your Web Development journey.
It can also be your first course to learn HTML online. You can easily take advanced courses following this.
|Rating||4.6 based on 1850+ reviews|
|Return or refund policy||No returns|
|Cons||The course is way too short.|
In this HTML course, you will learn several important things. These include:
- Developing an HTML resource sheet
- Creating a very straightforward web page
- Using Notepad++ text editor to write your code
- Learning to use Chrome for displaying the results of the code
- Adding content to the webpage with the basic content elements
- Learning to use HTML tags and elements
- Understanding what each tag does and how they aid in presenting your document in a web browser
- Applying cascading style sheets
Who should take up these HTML classes online?
This is the best HTML course online for learners from the North American region. Coursera is attempting to make this course accessible to all
Reviews by AA:
This is a very basic course on web development, especially on HTML. It will be of no use to those who already know something about HTML. Although the lecturer was perfect in dealing with her job.
This is one of the best HTML courses online. The course contains an array of helpful HTML & CSS examples, along with theoretical learning that helps you solidify your understanding.
|Rating||4.6 based on 8100+ reviews|
|Return or refund policy||30-Day Money-Back Guarantee|
|Duration||6.5 hours on-demand video|
|Instructor||Brad Hussey and Code College|
|Cons||Content is great, but the instructor could better their delivery and presentation.|
There is an array of things you will learn with this best HTML course online. These include:
- A basic understanding of CSS and HTML
- Building creative and semantic CSS and HTML webpage
- Designing creative websites
- Building a portfolio to highlight your best work
To take this HTML course online, all you need is some willingness to learn, a text editor, and an internet connection.
Reviews by Duc Tu:
“Awesome course! Exactly what I need to start things from scratch, take the baby steps while still being provided the big pictures of the whole things. Highly recommended!
HTML5 is the prevalent Web language devised by W3C. It is supported on a multitude of devices, and reduces the cost involved in creating high-quality apps, and becomes accessible to users globally.
In addition, it is a powerful language that offers support for audio and video plugins for games, offline apps, smooth interactive animations, and a lot more.
edX truly is one of the best websites to learn HTML. This is the reason we have included an HTML course by edX on our list. It is a six-week course and demands an effort of six to eight hours every week from your end.
This is a self-paced course to learn HTML online. You can start and proceed at your time. 250,238 students have already enrolled for the course. Also, this is a free edX course. However, the problem with the free version is you do not get a certification and graded assignments as part of it.
|Type||Self-paced – Free|
|Certificate||With the paid upgraded version|
There is an array of things that you will learn in these HTML classes online. These include:
- All HTML5 features to produce fine apps and websites
- All the HTML5 tags in the most simplified version
- Animating and drawing interactive web graphics
- Knowledge of the form features
- Testing the basic APIs, like geolocation and web storage
- Practicing coding techniques
These are intermediate-level best HTML classes online. Hence, there are some prerequisites associated with it. These include:
- Knowledge of putting together an HTML document
- Basic knowledge of CSS
If you are a beginner, you can take these courses to equip you with all the basics.
Next, we have a free HTML course online. It is presented to you by Udemy and created by Bradley Berger. In these HTML classes online, you will learn web development from scratch.
|Rating||4.4 based on 11800+ reviews|
|Duration||1 hour 11 min|
|Teaching method||Recorded lessons|
This is a great course to learn HTML online. In these HTML classes online, you will learn:
- To build your website from scratch practically
- Understand what a website is
- Know about all the components of a website
- Understand the basics of CSS and CSS3
- Be thorough with the fundamentals of HTML or HTML 5
- Using Dreamweaver
- And writing codes from scratch
- Advantages and disadvantages of using Dreamweaver for web development
- Pros and cons of creating the codes from scratch
This HTML course online has two small prerequisites. Firstly, you must have the time and willingness to learn. Further, you must want to upgrade your skills.
Who should take this course?
This HTML training nline is aimed at beginners in CSS and HTML. Further, this is a great course to learn HTML online and is suitable for:
- Anyone seeking a fun, new, and a profitable skill
- Anyone who aspires to know to make a website
Reviews by Abe Hashem:
This course was amazing! So easy to understand what he was saying. He kept me motivated even when I didn’t understand. Straightforward and to the point – very impressed.
Bonus HTML Certification Courses
On LinkedIn Learning’s platform, you can find an array of HTML classes online. These video tutorials are bound to help you develop a website.
Further, you will learn to write HTML codes and create web apps and websites. With these courses, you will begin to understand this basic markup language and master your web development skill from start to finish, step-by-step.
HTML is the web page’s foundational language. Without it, you cannot add images, videos, or text to your web pages.
Broadly, it is the beginning of everything that you must know when building web pages. In the Codecademy’s course to learn HTML online, you will learn all the prevalent HTML tugs employed in structuring the HTML pages.
These codes are the skeleton of the websites. Further, in these HTML classes online, you will also learn to create tables and present your data in tabular form.
Once you are through with these HTML courses, you will bag a certification of completion. It is a short course to learn HTML online and needs just nine hours of your time. Approximately 3,838,595 learners have taken this HTML course online.
This is a beginner-friendly course and there are no prerequisites to take this course.
Now, we have arrived at the last course, offered to you by W3 Schools. In this best HTML course online, you learn by doing. The course has a “Try it Yourself” editor, wherein you can simultaneously edit your code and video the result.
You will find over 200 examples covered in these HTML classes online, which will give you a good practice of what you have learned. Further, there are over 100 HTML exercises wherein you will practice all you have learned in this online course.
Towards the end of this course, there is also a quiz wherein you can test your learnings. Once you are through with this course,you will bag a certification.
How Did We Decide Which is The Best Website to Learn HTML?
So, our team of web development experts scoured through the internet and picked the 25 best HTML courses online. These courses were selected based on four disciplines:
- What you receive from the course – the learnings, the resources, certification, risk-free guarantee, and other things.
- The price that you pay towards these resources or the fee of the course.
- The reviews on the course by the students who have availed of this course in the past
- The instructor’s educational qualifications and experience
Then, we presented these 25 of the best HTML courses online to the world’s best HTML and web development experts. They deep-screened the courses, and that gave us the above-listed top 10 HTML courses on the internet.
So, these are the top 10 HTML classes online. Our sincere attempt has been to include all the details about these HTML training online programs in our list.
However, we have also annexed the web links of each of these HTML courses online for you to acquire further details, such as the enrolment date, fee of the course, instructor bio, and the reviews on the course. These are essential details to consider when you decide to learn HTML online. So, you must browse through the website before making your selection.