7 Top Rated Online Trigonometry Classes and Lessons (2021)
Trigonometry is a complex topic in mathematics. Therefore, a lot of students face challenges in getting familiar with the subject. If you are one of them, you should enroll yourself in the trigonometry online course for some additional help and learn from an expert.
Now, the problem is if you go ahead looking for the best trigonometry lessons online, you will be flooded with options, and each of them will claim to be better than the other. So, how do you make a choice? Well, we understand how overwhelming this can get.
Hence, we tried to take the load off you and came up with the list of the six best online trigonometry classes. So, now, the question is, how did we select these classes, and what makes them better than the others?
So, while searching the internet for the best online trigonometry courses, we narrowed them down to 25 courses based on four parameters:
- The offerings of the course – what you learn and gain from the course.
- The fees that you pay
- The ratings and reviews from the students who have taken this course in advance
- The experience and the knowledge of the instructor who takes this course.
Then, we presented these 25 courses to the top mathematicians worldwide and our esteemed panel of subject matter experts. They screened through these courses and gave us the list of the seven best trigonometry online courses.
Now, let us read about them in detail.
Table of Contents
- Seven Best Trigonometry Online Course
- Become a Trigonometry & Precalculus Master – via [Udemy]
- Trigonometry – The Unit Circle, Angles, & Right Triangles – via [Udemy]
- Pre Calculus, Calculus, and Trigonometry – via [Udemy]
- Algebra 2 & Trigonometry: A Complete High School Curriculum – via [Udemy]
- Dave’s Short Trig Course – by [Clark University]
- Trigonometry – by [Khan Academy]
- Trigonometry Online Course – by [ThinkwellHomeschool]
7 Trigonometry Lessons Online
Udemy is a platform where you could find a suitable course for yourself, no matter which subject you’re looking for and what your experience level is. Trigonometry being no exception, our first course is an Udemy bestseller with a rating of 4.7 based on 2000+ reviews.
These online trigonometry classes on Udemy are one of their best-selling offerings.
Through these trigonometry lessons online, there is an array of things for you to learn. Some of them are:
- Angles and their measure
- DMS function and degrees
- Herons formula
- Calculating the cosine, sine and completing a triangle
- Understanding angular and linear velocity
- Learning circular functions – sine, cosine, tangent, cosecant, secant, and cotangent and their graphical representation
- Knowledge of circular sectors, oriented arcs, inverse trigonometric functions
- Learning how to convert Parametric curves and graphing polar curves
- Matrices, such as Gauss-Jordan elimination
- Understanding trigonometric identities
- Analytic geometry, including conic sections, such as circles, ellipses, parabolas, and hyperbolas
- Complex numbers, such as and polar forms
Is it one of the best trigonometry lessons online?
This course provides comprehensive trigonometry lessons online with both written & visual materials making it more easily understandable.
In addition, it comes with 14.5 hours of on-demand video on both Precalculus and Trigonometry. You also get access to 125 textual articles, 212 downloadable materials, and 89 quizzes, along with their solution, and 10 workbooks with additional exercises.
All of these extra resources will help you get the fair practice of all that you have learned. Every resource included in this course comes with lifetime access on TV and mobile device. Further, the instructor offers friendly support. So, you can send in your questions and doubts and get the answers as required.
Furthermore, once you complete these trigonometry lessons online, you will earn yourself a shareable certificate of completion. Lastly, the course comes with a 30-day moneyback guarantee. So, if you are not happy with what you get, you can seek your refund.
To take up these trigonometry lessons online, you need to be comfortable with Mathematics fundamentals, introductory Algebra, and Geometry.
Is it the right course for you?
These trigonometry lessons online are ideal for:
- Present precalculus or trigonometry students who wish to learn further
- Students who are just starting with trigonometry or precalculus and need support and guidance
- Homeschool parents who demand additional support for their kids
The next online college trigonometry class on our list is again presented to you by Udemy with a rating of 4.8.
Here is a quick rundown of all the topics that are covered in this online college trigonometry class:
- Introduction to Angles and converting them From Degrees to Radians and vice versa
- Circular Arc Length
- Angular Speed
- Linear Speed
- All Six Trigonometric Functions & The Unit Circle
- Coterminal and Reference Angles
- Trigonometric Functions – Sine, Cos, and Tan
- Even and Odd Trigonometric Functions, Reciprocal Identities, and Quotient Identities
- Trigonometric Functions and Pythagorean Identities Fundamentals With Sin and Cos
- Right Triangle Trigonometry – SOHCAHTOA and Pythagorean Theorem
- Angle of Elevation and Angle of Depression Word Problems
- Trigonometric Function Evaluation of Quadrantal Angles and Graphing Sine and Cosine Functions
- The Graphs and Secant and Cosecant Functions – Domain and Range
- Graphing Tangent and Cotangent Functions – Identifying The Vertical Asymptote
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- Graphing The Inverse Sine, Cosine, and Tangent Function
- Domain and Range of Inverse Trig Functions
- Evaluating a Composite Trigonometric Expression With Inverse Functions
- Applications of Trigonometric Functions – Solving Two Right Triangle Systems
- Introduction to Bearings – Word Problems
- Verifying Trigonometric Identities – Changing Sines to Cosines and Factoring
- Sum and Difference Formulas of Sine, Cosine, and Tangent – Alpha and Beta Angles
- Finding Exact Values With Sum and Difference Formulas
- Verifying Trig Identities With Sum and Difference Formulas
- Using Double Angle Formulas For Sine, Cosine, and Tangent To Find Exact Values
- Simplifying Trigonometric Expressions With Power Reducing Formulas
- Half Angle Formulas and Identities
- Verifying Trigonometric Identities With Double Angle Formulas
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions With Double Angle Formulas and Half Angle Identities
To take this online college trigonometry class, students must have a thorough understanding of the basics of geometry and algebra.
Is it the right online college trigonometry class for you?
If you are a high school or college student, who needs some extra help with Trigo, then a sure yes. You could sign up for these online college trigonometry classes for their enriching experience. To be honest, anyone at the college level who intends to learn trigonometry will learn a great deal from this online college trigonometry class.
What else do you get with this online college trigonometry class?
With these online college trigonometry classes, you get a 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee if the course does not fulfil your expectations.
Study material & certificate:
All the resources that come along in the course package of this online college trigonometry class give you a lifetime of access. You also get 19.5 hours of on-demand video accessible on TV and mobile. Lastly, one of the most important features to mention is a shareable certificate on completion that adds to your credentials.
More than 3300 students have taken up the next course on our list on Udemy. It is one of the best online trigonometry classes with a rating of 4.7 and covers the core concepts of Pre Calculus, Calculus, and Trigonometry in detail!
There are a bunch of things that you will learn with this trigonometry online course. Once you finish the course, you will be able to:
- Recognize, define, and find the range of functions.
- Solving the problems based on the average rate of change of a function
- Defining and finding the even and odd functions, cite examples, function composition, solving the problems based on the inverse function.
- Determine the absolute and relative maxima and minima of a function
- Knowledge of increasing and decreasing intervals of a function from graphs
- Defining triangles and their properties, types of triangles, and citing examples on the same.
- Defining Pythagoras theorem and using it to solve right triangles
- Understanding trigonometric functions sin, cos, tan, cosec, sec, cot, and find them for any given right triangle
- Defining the trigonometric functions of standard angles of trigonometry – 0 degrees, 30 degrees, 45 degrees, 60 degrees, and 90 degrees.
- Defining complementary angles and finding the complementary angle of any given angle
- Defining trigonometric identities, such as Complementary Angle and Pythagorean Identities
- Knowledge of sum and difference of Angle Formulas, Negative Angle Identities, Sum to Product Formulas, Product to Sum Formulas, and applying these Trigonometric Identities in solving problems
- Find the Trigonometric Function values of Non-Standard Angles (like that of 75 degrees, 22.5 degrees, etc.) using Trigonometric Identities.
- Define laws of sines and cosines and using them to find the unknown sides and angles of a given triangle
- Define the conditions for similarity of two triangles
- Defining the properties of similar triangles and solving problems to find unknown sides and angles of similar triangles
- Proving the similarity of two triangles
- Defining the limit of a function and represent using graphs and solve problems based on them
- Defining and finding the continuity of a function and solving problems based on them
- Defining the derivative of a function
- Defining and using the standard derivative formula for finding the derivatives
- Understanding derivative rules like derivative of a constant, multiplication by a constant
- Learning power, sum, difference, product, quotient, reciprocal, and chain rule
- Finding the derivatives of trigonometric functions (trigonometric derivatives) and solving problems based on them
- Finding derivatives of exponential functions (exponential derivatives) and solving problems based on them
- Finding derivatives of logarithmic functions (logarithmic derivatives) and solving problems based on them
- Determining the positive and negative intervals of a function from the graphs
There are no prerequisites to take these trigonometry lessons online.
Is it the right course for you?
Typically anyone interested in learning Calculus 1, Functions, and Trigo can take this trigonometry online course. Apart from that, people majoring in Maths, Engineering will also benefit from this course.
Why is this one of the best online trigonometry classes?
This is one of the best choices for online trigonometry classes because, like other Udemy courses, you get the following benefits with this course as well.
Study material: This course has 9.5 hours of on-demand video, 5 articles, 9 hours of video content with lifetime access on TV and mobile, and a shareable certificate of completion.
Refund policy: The trigonometry online course comes with a 30-day moneyback guarantee; if you do not like what you learn, you can reach out to Udemy and seek your refund.
The next course on our list for the top online trigonometry classes is again an Udemy course. This course has a rating of 4.7, and over 1500 students have taken this course.
There is an array of things that you will learn with these online trigonometry classes. A few of them have been listed below.
- Identifying functions with the vertical line test
- Solving absolute value equations and inequalities
- Addition, subtraction, and multiplication matrices
- Finding the inverse of matrices and using it for solving encrypted messages
- Graphing of linear functions
- Solving systems of inequalities and equations
- Using test points for finding boundaries of linear inequalities
- Describing and identifying polynomials
- Factoring polynomials
- Identifying and foil complex numbers
- Graphing of the quadratic, cubic, square root, and exponential functions
- Using Descartes’ Law to identify positive, negative, and imaginary roots of polynomial functions
- Solving the basic trigonometric function problems (sine, cosine, tangent, cosecant, secant, and cotangent)
- Converting from Degrees to angle measure
These online trigonometry classes have some prerequisites. These include:
Students require access to the internet, headphones, or speakers to hear the audio. One should have the knowledge of PDF viewer, and/or a printer to view and print the supporting materials.
What topics are covered here?
These online trigonometry classes cover the complete Algebra 2 curriculum. You will be studying the below-listed topics:
- Introduction to Matrices and its transformations
- Inverse Matrices
- Absolute Value and Inequalities
- Introduction to Functions and Linear Functions
- Systems of Equations and Inequalities
- Polynomials (Division and factoring)
- Radical Expressions
- Quadratic Functions
- Polynomial & Trigonometric Functions
- The Unit Circle and Angle Measures
Is this the right course for you?
This trigonometry online course is ideal for:
- Students who have taken the Algebra 1 and/or Geometry
- Algebra 2 teachers who want supplemental material
- Adult Education students studying the HSE/GED/HiSET/TASC
What else do you get with these classes?
Refund Policy: These online trigonometry classes come with a 30-day moneyback guarantee. So, if you do not like what’s been taught, you can reach out to Udemy and seek your refund.
Study material & certification: The trigonometry online course comprises 16-hours of on-demand video and 183 downloadable resources. All the courses come with complete lifetime access. So, you can always go back and revise as required. You can view the course on TV and mobile.
Upon completing this trigonometry online course, you will be rewarded with a shareable certificate of completion. So, you can share this certificate on your LinkedIn. Alternatively, you can even download and print the certificate and include it in your CV to better your job prospects.
Ranked at number fifth on our list for the online trigonometry classes is this course by Clark University. As we have established by now, trigonometry is phenomenally useful.
There is a lot for you to learn with this trigonometry online course. In this course, you will get clarity on the introductory concepts of trigonometry. To know further about the things you will learn, you can check out the website linked above.
Why is this one of the best online trigonometry classes?
Even though this trigonometry online course does not have any grades and tests, it does have some exercises, and there is no better practice medium than doing these exercises. It will help you gauge all that you have learned. Further, there will be no transcripts or awards, but you are getting these trigonometry lessons online for free. So, it sure is a sweet deal.
There is a small disclaimer that we would like to give before you apply for this course. Please bear in mind; this is a supplementary course. So, it can be taken in addition to your classroom classes.
It is not a very comprehensive course. So, it will help if you have a base of trigonometry before applying for these online trigonometry classes. In addition, before you apply for this trigonometry online course, you must have some basic idea of algebra and geometry.
When your fundamentals are clear, it will be easier for you to manipulate algebraic equations and solve them. You must know about concepts in geometry, such as similar triangles, the Pythagorean theorem, and other things. However, if you need clarity on these concepts, you can opt for an introductory trigonometry online course from our list.
The sixth trigonometry online course on our list is presented to you by Khan Academy.
Why is this the best course?
This is indeed the best trigonometry online course that is free. It is a course that helps you earn 3,300 Mastery points. The course is divided into 4 parts. Each division has two sections, the first is the theoretical portion, and the latter is the practical application.
Right triangles & trigonometry
- Ratios in right triangles
- Introduction to the trigonometric ratios and using them to calculate an angle in a right triangle
- Trigonometric ratio reciprocal
- Complementary angles knowhow of cos & sin
- Modeling with right triangles
Non-right triangles & trigonometry
- Law of sin, cos and solving general triangles
Unit circle introduction
- The Pythagorean identity
- Trigonometric values of special angles
- Graphs of sin(x), cos(x), and tan(x
- Amplitude, midline, and period
- Transforming sinusoidal graphs
- Graphing sinusoidal functions
- Sinusoidal models
- Long live Tau
Trigonometric equations and identities
- Inverse trigonometric functions
- Sinusoidal equations
- Sinusoidal models
- Trigonometric identities
- Angle addition identities
- Using trigonometric identities
- Challenging trigonometry problems
Here we have come to the end of our list of top online trigonometry classes. The last trigonometry online course on our list is presented to you by the Think well Home school by Professor Edward Burger, an award-winning math teacher.
In this course, you will learn everything that you need to know to succeed in Trignometry and algebra. The course will teach you about trig functions, identities, ratios, and other lessons.
Overall, this course will familiarize you with all the basics of Trigo. In addition, your educator for this course will teach you some vital tips and tricks that will come in handy as you move ahead with this complicated concept.
Why have we included this course in our best trigo courses list?
We have included this course as it offers a 14 day trial for you. Secondly, it has many exercises that will help you practice all that you learned in this course. In this course, there will not be any boring theoretical lessons. Instead, there is a bunch of fun and engaging video lessons, which will help you master the subject better.
The course also includes a workbook. However, it is optional but widely helpful. It contains an array of practice questions, which can give you good practice. You can print the workbooks and practice, even when you are offline.
The course comes with a no-risk 14-day moneyback guarantee. So, if you do not like what’s been taught, you can reach out to the educator and the platform and seek your refund.
These are the 7 best trigonometry online courses that you can choose from. The list includes both paid and free courses for your convenience. We also have tried to include online college trigonometry classes as well as elementary level courses.
The attached links will give you information on the start of the course, the fee of the course, instructor bio, and the reviews received by the course.
Hope you get the desired trigonometry online course that you were looking for and have a fun-filled educational experience.