Is statistics a vital force in the industry you wish to be a part of? Do you aspire to work as a business intelligence analyst, marketing analyst, data scientist, or data analyst? If the answer is yes, you must enroll in one of the top statistics courses online.
Statistics is an essential field of study. Knowledge of statistics is vital for being familiar with the research in behavioral and social sciences. To acquire the designed understanding, you must enroll in a good statistics class online.
Here in this guide, we will enlist 12 of the best statistics courses that you can try. So, let us get started and address them one by one.
12 Best Statistics Courses Online
- Basic Statistics – Offered by University of Amsterdam – [Coursera]
- Introduction to Statistics – Offered by Stanford – [Coursera]
- Statistics for Data Science and Business Analysis – [Udemy]
- Statistics with R Specialization – Offered by Duke University – [Coursera]
- Statistics Courses – [edX]
- Become a Probability & Statistics Master – [Udemy]
- Business Statistics and Analysis Specialization – Offered by Rice University – [Coursera]
- Statistics for Business Analytics and Data Science A-Z™ – [Udemy]
- Statistics with Python Specialization – Offered by University of Michigan – [Coursera]
- Online Statistics Courses – [Harvard University]
- Udacity Statistics – Intro to Statistics – [Udacity]
- Statistics Courses – [LinkedIn Learning]
12 Best Online Stats Classes and Courses
It is Course 3 of the 5-part series of the best statistics courses online specialization – Methods and Statistics in Social Sciences Specialization. So, this course will, in a way, prepare you for the following courses included in the specialization. The next one in line is Inferential Statistics.
It is a 100% online course. So, the timelines are flexible. You can take the course around your schedule and in your time.
|Offered By||University of Amsterdam|
|Return or refund policy||14 days from the date of payment|
|Instructor||Matthijs Rooduijn and Emiel van Loon|
|Duration||Approx. 27 hours to complete|
|Cons||Organization in the course is very poorly done. The instructor has excellent material. He must sit down and organize it a bit to make it easier for the students.|
As part of this Coursera statistics course, you have an array of things to learn. A few of them have been listed by us below. These include:
- Knowledge of variables and cases
- Getting familiar with the regression and correlation concepts
- Clarity on the fundamentals of statistics
- Learning the computations around dispersion – variance and standard deviation
- Calculation and evaluation of the data
- Methods of descriptive statistics
- Computing the measures of central tendency – mean, median, and mode
- Assessment of the relationships between variables
- Probability fundamentals – Sampling distributions, probability distributions, and calculating probabilities
- Introduction to the inferential statistics methods
- Understanding whether the patterns in data are strong enough to deduce about the underlying population
- Significance tests
- Confidence intervals
- Calculating and generating statistics on your own
- Familiarity with the available statistical software
All of the things included in this best online certificate in statistics course will prepare you for inferential statistics.
It is beginner-level statistics training online. So, as such, no prerequisites are there to take these statistics courses online.
This is a nice course…thanks for providing such great content from the University of Amsterdam. Please allow me to complete the course as I have to wait till the session starts for week 2 lessons.
Next is another Coursera statistics course. In Stanford’s 100% basic statistics online course, you will have no fixed or rigid timelines. You can start at your schedule and take the course in your timeline.
This course will fetch you a shareable online certificate in statistics. You can share it on your LinkedIn or social media or include it in your CV to boost your chances of landing a job.
|Offered By||Stanford University|
|Return or refund policy||14 days from the date of payment|
|Duration||Approx. 15 hours to complete|
|Cons||Two issues that we found with this course are:
1. There should have been in-depth explanations for some concepts, which are not easy to comprehend.
2. More quizzes, practice questions, and examples should have been covered around the course for robust learning.
With this online certificate in statistics, a few things that you will learn are:
- Statistical thinking concepts are vital for learning from communicating insights and data
- Performing exploratory data analysis
- Understanding the fundamental sampling principles
- Selecting the necessary tests to understand the vitality of different contexts
- Insights to take up more advanced topics in machine learning and statistical thinking
It is one of the best statistics courses online. A few topics included in this course that fetches you an online certificate in statistics are:
- Descriptive Statistics
- Sampling and Randomized Controlled Experiments
- Sampling Distributions and the Central Limit Theorem
- Common Tests of Significance
- Multiple Comparisons
It is a basic statistics online course suitable for beginners. So, you need nothing but some fundamental understanding of productivity software and computers to take this course.
A very good course to take, because this course was explained in detail. Also, the quiz of this course is helpful to learn perfectly.
At number third on our list for the top 12 best statistics courses online is an Udemy course. It is a bestseller statistics training online. It is one of the best online certificates in statistics courses because it is comprehensive, easy to comprehend, full of practical examples, precise, to the point, data-driven, and full of resources and exercises.
So, you will learn by doing. Moreover, the presence of a knowledgeable instructor – a statistician and a proficient mathematician adds to the course’s credibility. Across this best statistics class online, you will find an array of HD videos and animations, which makes the course incredibly engaging and interactive.
|Return or refund policy||30 days moneyback guarantee|
|Instructor||365 Careers Team and 365 Careers|
|Duration||5 hours on-demand video|
|Cons||Execution could have been better.|
It is one of the best statistics courses online because it is quite comprehensive. A few things to learn in this course are:
- Fundamentals of statistics
- Working with and around different kinds of data
- Plotting different types of data
- Calculating covariance and correlation
- Performing hypothesis testing
- Carrying out regression analysis
- Distinguishing and working around several sorts of distributions
- Computation of the measures of asymmetry, central tendency, and variability
- Estimation of the confidence intervals
- Making data-driven decisions
- Knowledge of data visualization
- Understanding concepts required for data science even with RI and Python
- Using and understanding the dummy variables
- Knowledge of the mechanics of regression analysis
For these statistics courses online, you do not need any prior knowledge or experience. Your instructor will start with the basics and take you forward gradually.
Who should take this course?
This is the best statistics class online for:
- Students who aspire to begin a career in data science
- Anyone who wants to be a pro at business intelligence
- Existing business executives and analysts
- Individuals passionate about quant analysis and numbers
- Anyone who aspires to learn about the statistics
- Someone wishing to know the application of statistics in the business world
Review Deepika Mehta:
Everything is explained in the most simplistic and effective way.
With this online stats class, you will create a portfolio of data analysis projects. Including this portfolio will depict your thoroughness of the statistical data analysis from exploratory analysis to modeling to inference, adequate for data scientist positions or statistical analysis.
This is the best statistics class online, which fetches you a shareable certificate. You can include this online certificate in statistics in your CV or share it on your LinkedIn to boost your chances of getting a job.
|Offered By||Duke University|
|Certification||Yes, these are certified statistics courses online|
|Return or refund policy||7-days free trial of Coursera statistics course|
|Instructor||Mine Çetinkaya-Rundel, Colin Rundel, David Banks, and Merlise A Clyde|
|Duration||Approximately 7 months to complete Suggested pace of 3 hours/week|
|Cons||They did not teach R properly. More work should be put into that.|
In this one of the best online certificate in statistics programs, you will learn an array of things. This statistics training online includes info on:
- Data visualization in R
- Analyzing data
- Showcasing a conceptual understanding of the statistical inference
- Creating good data analysis reports
- Performing frequentist and Bayesian statistical inference and modeling to make data-driven decisions and comprehend natural phenomena
- Communicating the statistical results correctly and effectively.
- Knowledge of statistical jargon
- Formulating data-based claims and evaluating data-based decisions
It is a 100% online stats class. These are beginner-level classes. So, you do not need any prior knowledge or experience to take this course. But, the specialization is long. So, you need to complete it.
edX is also one of the best platforms to find the best statistics courses online to help you develop skills and boost your career.
Taking these statistics class online, you can understand concepts such as distributions, standard deviation, probability distributions, ANOVA, probability theory, and a lot more statistical concepts.
Further, you can also find the basic statistics online course to learn data analysis, statistics fundamentals, and advanced concepts from the top and recognized universities from across the globe.
|Certification||Yes (in paid variants)|
|Return or refund policy||If paid 14-days from the date of payment|
|Instructor||Different for different courses|
|Self-paced or Instructor-led||Self-paced|
Some of the best statistics courses online you can take from edX are:
- Master the skills needed to solve complex data challenges – Offered by Massachusetts Institute of Technology – [edX]
- Fundamentals of Statistics – Offered by Massachusetts Institute of Technology – [edX]
- Data Analysis: Statistical Modeling and Computation in Applications – Offered by Massachusetts Institute of Technology – [edX]
- Statistical Thinking for Data Science and Analytics – Offered by Columbia University – [edX]
- Statistical Learning – Offered by Stanford Online – [edX]
- Probability – The Science of Uncertainty and Data – Offered by Massachusetts Institute of Technology – [edX]
- Statistical Inference and Modeling for High-throughput Experiments – The Harvard University – [edX]
- Principles, Statistical and Computational Tools for Reproducible Data Science – The Harvard University – [edX]
This is one of the best online stats class with 163-lessons and several texts + video explanations covering everything from Statistics and Probability. You also get an array of quizzes with solutions to help you solidify your understanding of the concepts learned in this course.
There are 45 quizzes in these statistics courses online, along with additional practice problems and eight workbooks.
Moreover, all the resources in the statistics class online come with lifetime access. You also get constant round-the-clock support from the instructors.
|Return or refund policy||30-days from the date of payment|
|Duration||14 hours on-demand video|
|Cons||There is a lot of repetition in the course, which adds fluff.|
In this statistics class online, some things that you will learn are:
- Visualizing data, including histograms, Venn diagrams, pie charts, bar graphs, and dot plots
- Analyzing the data, including mean, median, and mode
- Understanding of range and IQR and box-and-whisker plots
- Discrete random variables including Poisson, Bernoulli, binomial, and geometric random variables
- Hypothesis testing, including significance level, inferential statistics, test statistics, type I and II errors, and p-values
- Probability, including bias, types of studies, sampling distribution of the sample, confidence intervals, and mean or sample proportion
- Data distributions including z-scores, normal distributions, standard deviation, variance, and mean
- Probability, such as dependent events and Bayes’ theorem and union vs. intersection and independent
- Regression, including correlation coefficient, scatterplots, coefficient of determination, chi-square, the residual, and RMSE
For this basic statistics online course, you must be comfortable with the arithmetic of whole numbers – division, subtraction, addition, and multiplication. Further, for the course, you must be adept at simple equation solving and basic algebraic operations.
Who should take this course?
This statistics class online is meant for:
- Present statistics and probability students
- Students who are commencing statistics and probability courses and wish to progress further in the field
- Home school students who need additional support on statistics and probability
- Anyone who aspires to learn math further
Review Shawn Campbell:
Excellent instructor and course. Concepts are explained very clearly with lots of examples and practice tests.
This is a specialization comprising five statistics courses online. It is the Course 1 of 5 in the Business Statistics and Analysis Specialization.
Excel is widely used in the industry. It is an incredibly robust tool for data analysis, and today every business, be it small or big, utilizes Excel in its everyday functioning. This program with online certificate in statistics has been designed keeping two kinds of learners in mind:
- those who use Excel regularly but only at the periphery level but want to elevate their skills
- those with minimum functional knowledge of Excel
|Offered By||Rice University|
|Return or refund policy||7-days free trial|
|Duration||Approximately 5 months to complete Suggested pace of 5 hours/week|
|Cons||Even for the beginners, the course seems quite basic.|
These are beginner-level statistics courses online. However, you must have access to a Windows version of Microsoft Excel 2010 or later for this course.
This statistics class online will provide you with a working knowledge of Excel. Beyond that, you will also work on some advanced Business Statistics in the course. In addition, you will learn:
- Reading data in Excel via different data formats
- Manipulating and organizing data
- Absolute and relative referencing
- Learning Excel functions to organize and query data
- Advanced Excel functionalities
- Introduction to Filtering
- Using spreadsheets
- Basic data functions
- Learning arithmetic as well as various logical functions
- Formatting rows and columns
- Using formulas in Excel
- Spreadsheet Functions to Organize Data
- Becoming familiar with IF, nested IF, VLOOKUP, and the HLOOKUP functions
- Learning the IF and the nested IF functions
- Learning to work with Pivot Tables and Charts
- Data filtering capabilities
- Setting filters in data to selectively access data
- Advanced Graphing and Charting
- Familiarity with advanced graphing and charting techniques available in Excel
- Learning about the various line, bar, and pie charts
- Understanding of pivot charts, scatter plots, and histograms
It is not easy to learn or re-learn statistics. To help you with the same, there is this statistics training online. In this course, you will get everything that you potentially should know to be a successful analyst or a data scientist.
It is not any boring, bland, theory-based course. It is a practical course full of explanations and exercises to help you be thorough with the content. There are multiple real-world examples included in the course that can help you advance your knowledge.
|Return or refund policy||30 days from the date of payment|
|Instructor||Ligency | Team and Kirill Eremenko|
|Duration||6 hours on-demand video|
|Cons||The instructor must try a bit to plan the coursework better. There is a lot of blabber in the course.|
Some things that you will learn with this statistics class online are:
- Knowledge of Normal Distribution
- Familiarity with the standard deviation
- Understanding the difference between discrete and continuous variables
- Knowing what sampling distribution is
- Familiarity with Central Limit Theorem and its application
- Application of Hypothesis Testing for Means and Proportions
- Using the Z-Score and Z-Tables and t-Score and t-Tables
- Knowing the difference between a t-distribution and a normal distribution
- Creating confidence intervals
- Understanding the potential pitfalls of overusing p-Values
- Understanding and application of statistical significance
The sole requirement for this statistics class online is the basic understanding of high school mathematics.
Who should take statistics courses online?
This is the best online stats class for:
- Someone who wants to work as a business analyst or data scientist
- Someone who wishes to brush up their statistics skills or learn it from scratch
Review Jan Koželuh:
Really nice course, for me slightly harder than the R one that I took. So I need to practice more, but good job.
This statistics class online has been designed to help the learners be thorough with the intermediate and the beginner statistical analysis concepts with the Python programming language.
|Offered By||University of Michigan|
|Return or refund policy||7-days free trial|
|Instructor||Brady T. West, Kerby Shedden, and Brenda Gunderson|
|Duration||Approximately 3 months to complete Suggested pace of 5 hours/week|
|Cons||Assignment preparation should have been better.|
A few things to learn in this best statistics class online are:
- Creating and interpreting data visualization with Python programming language and associated libraries or packages
- Applying and interpreting inferential procedures when analyzing actual data
- Understanding the vitality of connecting research questions to data analysis methods
- Applying statistical modeling techniques to data, such as multilevel models, logistic regression, linear regression, linear models, Bayesian inference techniques, and alike
- Understanding where data comes from
This is one of the beginner-level statistics courses online. However, it would be best if you were thorough with high-school algebra to take this class.
Who should take this course?
This is one of the best course for anyone interested in being a business analyst or a data scientist.
Harvard University has 12 statistics courses online. These courses have been segregated according to your previous knowledge or skill level. You can browse through the available courses and pick one that is suitable for you.
The best thing about these courses is that they are all free courses. However, if you need graded assignments or certifications, you will have to bear a small fee.
|Offered By||Harvard University|
|Certification||Optional (with the paid version)|
|Paid||Both free and paid versions available|
|Return or refund policy||14-days from the date of payment|
|Instructor||Faculty of Harvard University|
|Cons||Certification included in only the paid versions|
A few online certificate in statistics programs that you can find on the platform are:
- Case Studies in Functional Genomics
- Advanced Bioconductor
- Introduction to Bioconductor
- Principles, Statistical and Computational Tools for Reproducible Data Science
- High-Dimensional Data Analysis
- Statistical Inference and Modeling for High-throughput Experiments
- Introduction to Linear Models and Matrix Algebra
All the classes on their platform are provided in association with edX.
It is one of the comprehensive statistics courses online, where you will learn the fundamentals to understand data and statistics.
In this Udacity statistics course, you will be introduced to techniques necessary for understanding the visualizing relationships in data. Further, the course also helps you know the systematic techniques for understanding the relationships using mathematics.
This statistics class online comprises rich and engaging content, which is taught by some of the top-notch industry pros. There are also several quizzes and exercises included in the course to assess how well you grasp concepts.
To know more about the course, Watch Trailer
|Duration||Approx. 2 Months|
A few things you will learn in this statistics class online are:
- Lesson 1 : Visualizing relationships in data
- Seeing relationships in data.
- Making predictions based on data.
- Simpson’s paradox.
- Lesson 2: Probability
- Introduction to Probability.
- Bayes Rule.
- Correlation vs. Causation.
- Lesson 3: Estimation
- Maximum Likelihood Estimation.
- Mean, Median, Mode.
- Standard Deviation and Variance.
- Lesson 4: Outliers and Normal Distribution.
- Outliers, Quartiles.
- Binomial Distribution.
- Manipulating Normal Distribution.
- Lesson 5: Inference
- Confidence Intervals.
- Hypothesis Testing.
- Lesson 6: Regression
- Linear regression.
None. However, some familiarity with algebra, such as knowing the mean, median, and mode of the numbers, will be helpful.
Who should take this course?
This Udacity statistics course is suitable for beginners in statistics.
LinkedIn Learning or Lynda has multiple statistics courses online. You can browse through the available courses on the platform, check out the skill-set taught in each course, the experience required, and the course content taught. This will help you decide which is the best course for you.
|Return or refund policy||No|
A few courses that you can try are:
- Statistics Foundations: Probability
- Become a Data Scientist
- Build Your Analytical Skills with Statistical Analysis
- Become a Data Analytics Specialist
So, these are the top 12 best statistics training online programs recommended by our experts. Choose any of these statistics courses online and enjoy your learning journey.