Need the superpower to analyze any and every real estate opportunity? Wish to be intelligent and efficient at evaluating and finding real estate deals? Do you wish to invest with your business partner, but fairly and smartly? Are you hoping to make wealth with real estate private equity? Want to learn more about Airbnb short-term rentals?
So, if you desire to learn about some professional analysis tools that you could immediately use to evaluate your investment opportunities, why not enroll yourself in one of the best real estate finance classes?
When you do an internet search of the real estate finance courses online, you will be flooded with options. So, which is the best pick for you from available real estate finance training programs?
We did all the legwork, studied through different courses, and have found 10 of the best course selections for you. So, let us get started and read about these courses one by one.
Top Courses and Classes To Learn Real Estate Finance
- Fundamentals of Analyzing Real Estate Investments – [Udemy]
- The Real Estate Financial Modeling Bootcamp – [Udemy]
- Commercial Real Estate Investing for Beginners – [Udemy]
- Real Estate Finance (For Beginners) – [Udemy]
- Real Estate Finance – Offered by EDHEC Business School – [Coursera]
- Professional Certificate Program in Real Estate Finance Development – [MIT]
- Become a Commercial Real Estate Finance Specialist – [Corporate Finance Institute]
- Real Estate Finance and Investment Fundamentals – [Harvard University]
- Real Estate Finance – UCLA Extension
- Real Estate Finance and Investment – [Fordam University]
10 Real Estate Finance Courses You Shouldn’t Miss
1. Fundamentals of Analyzing Real Estate Investments – [Udemy]
|Duration||18.5 hours on-demand video|
|Return or refund policy||There are two options:
30-Day Moneyback Guarantee
|Cons||The course has a lot of fluff and is repetitive.|
First on our list is a bestseller and the best real estate finance certification course.
This practical, hands-on course uses professional techniques to evaluate real estate investment opportunities. If you aspire to achieve a real estate license, this is not the course for you.
As a matter of fact, the license is achieved only by taking a proper test with the testing agency of your country or state. This is a course about investment analysis. It is the best real estate finance training for beginners to confident practitioners who wish to learn the drill.
Some things you can expect to learn with this one of the best real estate finance courses online are:
- Evaluating the return potential of every real estate investment opportunity
- Discerning between a good investment and a bad investment
- Evaluation of flips and fix
- Evaluating commercial properties
- Understanding different rental income properties
- Evaluating Airbnb properties
- Make the most of professional real estate investment techniques
- Using professional-grade investment models to find an excellent deal
- Understanding and using professional real estate techniques and strategies
- Using Smart Investment Deal Structures with business partners
- Learning about land development and multi-family apartments
- Mitigate and identify investment risks
These real estate finance classes will require you to know Microsoft Excel 2011. Beyond that, there is no other prerequisite associated with this course.
Who should take this course?
This is the best real estate finance certification course for:
- Newbie real estate investors
- Someone who wishes to acquire an in-depth and broad coverage of real estate investment techniques, concepts, and analysis
- Financial analysts
- MBA students
- People who wish to earn with Airbnb
- Real estate agents who need tools to appeal to the investors
- Investment teams
- Private investors
- People who wish to invest in commercial parking lots, warehouses, retail properties, and alike
- Those wanting to invest in apartments, rental properties, house flips, etc
- Residential real estate investors
- Experienced commercial real estate investors
Review Prashant K.
Really great course. I learned a lot from this course. Thank you so much sir for providing such a great course at affordable price.
2. The Real Estate Financial Modeling Bootcamp – [Udemy]
|Duration||9.5 hours on-demand video|
|Return or refund policy||30-Day Money-Back Guarantee|
|Cons||You will sometimes feel that it is an introductory excel course and not a real estate course. Also, Mac users may face compatibility issues.|
The next real estate finance training on our list is again presented to you by Udemy. Again, this is a reasonably long course to teach you everything you possibly should know to carry on real estate investment transactions effectively, quickly, and accurately.
This real estate finance certification has an array of things for you to learn. A few of them include:
- Building a dynamic, functional real estate model from scratch
- Having the requisite skill set to model real estate transactions for different asset types
- Knowledge of MS Excel, and seeing an elevation in the efficiency and speed
- Solving the key investment metrics evaluated by top-notch firms
- Acquiring a mastery of the financial modeling and fundamental analytical tools required to break into the model deals and the real estate private equity industry
For these best real estate finance classes, you will need:
- Access to a PC or laptop
- Knowledge of MS Excel
Who should take this course?
This real estate finance certification course is meant for you if:
- You are planning a career switch in private equity real estate finance.
- You are an existing real estate professional who aspires to boost their compensation by adding further financial modeling skills to their skillset.
- You are an existing real estate investor who feels confident in shifting from smaller properties to larger ones with greater financial data or metrics involved.
Review Justin C.
Excellent course to learn the basics from. This helped me switch careers to land my first job in CRE. Thanks!
3. Commercial Real Estate Investing for Beginners – [Udemy]
|Duration||6hr 39min of on-demand video|
|Return or refund policy||No|
|Cons||The course does seem a little monotonous and boring.|
Commercial real estate investing is often a foundational asset in the portfolio of even the wealthiest people in the world. However, owning commercial property can be quite an intimidating affair for an average individual investor. These free classes will discuss some tips and tricks to be a commercial real estate investor.
A few things you will learn with this one of the most rewarding real estate finance courses online are:
- What it takes for you to own your very first commercial real estate investment property
- Knowledge of the different asset classes
- Some assets that the individuals target and the reason for the same
- Evaluating a deal quickly and easily like a pro
- Pitfalls one must avoid when investing in a commercial real estate project.
- Secrets to building wealth with real estate
- How and why one should be a commercial real estate investor
- Tips for specific kinds of properties, such as self-storage, apartments, office buildings, shopping centers, and mobile home
- Complex and complicated transactions will be simplified
- Property evaluation
- Know when to hold and when to fold
These classes are meant for people with an open mind wanting to be commercial real estate investors.
Who should take this course?
This is one of the best real estate finance courses online for beginners interested in getting commercial real estate investment or someone who already has a property or two. Further, anyone curious about being a commercial real estate investor will also find the course helpful.
Review Holly G.
This course was wonderful! I learned a ton and have begun analyzing deals daily. I’m excited to begin making offers in the near future.
4. Real Estate Finance (For Beginners) – [Udemy]
|Duration||19.5 hours on-demand video|
|Return or refund policy||30-Day Money-Back Guarantee|
|Cons||Though the course says it is for beginners, the fundamentals are not appropriately stressed.|
Next, we have another Udemy course. This is a balanced course with a mix of theoretical and practical concepts to help you learn better.
You will also find a plethora of downloadable attachments in the course in the forms of Excel files, checklists, relevant website links, global market and public companies reports, as well as case studies. All of this will make it easier for you to analyze the data using your understanding from the class.
In this best real estate finance certification course, you will learn:
- To acquire a comprehensive understanding of performing a professional financial analysis.
- Learning about the different kinds of real estate transactions – developing, leasing, buying, selling
- Knowing and understanding the critical real estate financial metrics – (IRR, NPV, ROI, Cap Rate, etc.)
- Learning about the land parameters, construction costs, project, and broker profitability, as well as market analysis information
For this course, you will require:
- No prior real estate knowledge needed
- No prior finance knowledge needed
- Microsoft Excel 2010 or newer
Who should take this course?
This real estate finance certification course is suitable for:
- Anyone who aspires to invest in an Airbnb
- People who wish to acquire a broader understanding of real estate finance
- Real estate lawyers, brokers, builders, architects, developers, financial analysts, and alike
- Those who already have some experience in real estate
- People who wish to start their career in the real estate industry (Residential or commercial)
Review Wasif A.
Extremely good knowledge. It would be wonderful if you could add some more service examples in the Market cycle.
1. Real Estate Finance – Offered by EDHEC Business School – [Coursera]
The next one on our list is one of the real estate finance courses online by Coursera. It is a free course with paid upgrade available. It is taught by some top-end professors and instructors worldwide.
As part of this real estate finance training, you will learn:
- Lifecycle of commodities, from exploration to processing and refining
- Finance dynamics and its role in promoting global growth and the real economy
- Role of banks in society at large – from helping to transport people to leasing aircraft, and more
- Putting into action some strategic moves for the top clients, such as hedging and repackaging of debt
- Understanding how companies finance themselves capital markets and banks
- Syndication role, and how it links issuers looking to raise capital to boost their business
- How banks facilitate the global trade of products ranging from agriculture products, oil, to gas
- Acquisition finance and leveraged buy-outs
2. Professional Certificate Program in Real Estate Finance & Development – [MIT]
Next on our list is the best real estate finance certification by MIT Professional Education. They have real estate finance classes which each summer over two weeks. You can apply for the course via the program link on their website. However, you will have to bear a $325 non-refundable application fee for the same.
It is one of the top real estate finance courses online for you to learn the skill that will help you gather an immediate as well as lasting impact on your organization’s future. In addition, when you take this course, you will earn a Real Estate Professional Certificate.
This certificate is a formal recognition and proof of your knowledge and commitment to lifelong learning. Further, having this certification will let you advance your skills and expertise conveniently and accelerated manner.
For this best real estate finance training, you must have a minimum of three years of experience working within the real estate industry. In addition, having a bachelor’s degree is also recommended.
How to get the real estate finance certification?
To earn a certificate, you will have to take a set of courses, along with two elective courses in analytics, development, and real estate finance. For the certificate, you must complete at least five qualifying courses.
In addition, if you complete the program within two summers or 15 months, you will bag the certification.
Further, suppose you have completed any courses before applying for the certificate. In that case, they, too, might count towards the program requirements, bearing in mind that you complete the whole program in 15 months. All the MIT real estate finance courses online are assigned Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Courses to complete
To bag the real estate finance certification, you will have to complete the following courses:
- Real Estate Finance: Fundamentals
- Real Estate Finance: Advanced
- Sustainable Real Estate: Economics and Business
- Commercial Real Estate Development
- Global Real Estate Markets
3. Become a Commercial Real Estate Finance Specialist – [Corporate Finance Institute]
By taking this course from CFI, you will join over one million professionals who work with renowned global institutions, such as Citi, TD, BoA, CBRE, Savills, and more.
These are 100% online real estate finance classes. So, you get to learn at your own time and pace. Also, you can grow your skills and knowledge from the comfort of your home. Taking this course will make you CRE specialized in only a few months.
This is a hands-on course. So, after you view the videos, there will be a series of quizzes and exercises that you can view to practice what you have learned.
For earning a certificate with the course, you will have to take 10 courses, which will involve a study of 40-50 hours. So basically, the combo is a set of nine courses and one comprehensive commercial mortgage case study.
Once you are through with all the courses, you will bag the real estate finance certification to verify your skills.
You will develop a deep and narrow focus on real estate finance with this specialization. The ten courses are designed to deepen your industry insight and prepare you for the professional world.
A few things you can expect to learn with these real estate finance courses online are:
- Real Estate Lending
- Real Estate Financial Modeling
- Construction Finance
- Environmental Analysis and Due Diligence
- Leasing and renting the rolling analysis
4. Real Estate Finance and Investment Fundamentals – [Harvard University]
This real estate finance training will teach you about a toolkit to maximize investment returns. Further, across the course, students will examine the four sources of real estate returns – tax advantages, loan amortization, appreciation, and cash flow, and their impact on the investment strategy.
More so, you will develop an investment scorecard to scrutinize the new investment opportunities. As you progress further, you will practice a rational, rigorous approach that will equip you to decide when you must refinance, hold, sell, or renovate a property.
You will also understand the strategies required to raise the capital from investors and work with examples to build successful partnership structures. Lastly, you will learn to manage a growing portfolio of cash-flowing assets.
This is an instructor-led, intermediate course. So, prior experience and knowledge will help.
5. Real Estate Finance – UCLA Extension
The instructor will take you through the techniques, methods, and concepts of financing residential and non-residential real estate in this course. Beyond that, you will also analyze and identify the different instruments used for the same.
The instruction in the course takes you through the parameters, characteristics, and sources of mortgage capital – variable-rate, fixed-rate, mortgage capital, and other alternative kinds of mortgages.
You will also study government-assisted financing (VA, FHA, and SBA). In addition, you will also learn about the foreclosures and alternatives to them (such as short sales) and related anti-deficiency law issues.
Further, there will be a discussion on the secondary mortgage market; loan underwriting, processing, closing, and servicing; mathematical analysis of financial transactions (amortization, loan constants, present, and future value, compound interest, APR, capitalization rates, debt coverage, and other financial ratios and ways of determining yield) and so much more.
There are also case studies included in the course for a clearer understanding.
6. Real Estate Finance and Investment – [Fordam University]
Now, we have arrived at the last real estate finance certification course on our list. In this course, you will learn the specialized skills and the core concepts required to evaluate income-producing properties, calculate investment returns, assess financing options, and finally make well-thought-of real estate investment decisions.
This course’s real estate finance classes also cover leases, income statements, Excel modeling, financial analysis, capitalization rates, leases, direct capitalization, debt finance, valuation, private equity and investment analysis, discounted cash flow analysis, and a lot more.
So, these were the top 10 best real estate finance courses online. We have tried to include every detail about these courses with this guide above. However, check the links annexed if you need more information about any of these courses.
This will surely help you make a more informed decision about the best real estate finance certification. Be rest assured, regardless of the selection you make, it will be satisfactory and a viable pick as these are all excellent courses, handpicked by our team of experts.