Learn To Dance Online With These 10 Best Online Dance Courses
While some of us are gifted with the ability to become the center of attention at every dance floor we hit, others find it extremely hard to go anywhere near it, let alone join in the fun.
If you belong to the second category, you’ve come to the right place. If you do not want to spend your time or money on conventional dance classes, online dance lessons are your best bet. With the right resources, you can learn to dance online with ease.
No matter which dancing style you are looking to master, you’ll surely find a class that meets your requirements and suits your budget.
Here, we have created a list of top dancing programs and learning platforms available online to help you find the best dance course online. Take a look!
In This Article:
- Best Online Classes to Learn Dancing Like A Pro
- Shuffle Dance Master Class Vol 1. | How to Shuffle Dance [Udemy]
- Basic Dance Moves for Guys – Completely beginner lessons [Udemy]
- Dance Floor Confidence | How to Dance at a Club – for Men [Udemy]
- 32 Footwork Dance Moves for Parties and Showing Off [Udemy]
- Dance Classes by Skillshare
- Online Dance Lessons by CLI Studios
- Dance Class by Learntodance.com
- Best Online Dance Classes by Steezy
- Dance Course & Classes by DancePlug
- Parris Goebel Teaches Creativity in Choreography
Top 10 Dance Classes With Online Training
This step-by-step guide to mastering basic shuffle dance moves will make you the center of attention at the next party or music fest you attend!
Tutorials teaching singular dance steps are not enough to help you really understand the moves! As a beginner, first, you need to cover the basics.
This course can help you understand which dance moves go where, what is the correct amount of repetition required, and how to connect different dance moves so that your dancing looks effortless.
Rating 4.6 Return or refund policy 30-day money-back guarantee Certification Yes Paid Yes Duration 2 hours of on-demand video Enrolled 8, 415 students Instructor Brian Bee Cons The moves could have been explained more clearly to help absolute beginners by breaking them into smaller steps. Some repetition could also have been avoided.
In this dance course online, you will be learning:
- More about how shuffle dance works
- 3 Amazing foundation shuffle dance moves
- How to connect the 3 foundational dance moves together.
- 20-second-long full shuffle routine
To take up this dance training online, all you need is the willingness to learn and the ability to count beats.
Who should take these online dance classes?
This best dance course online is for:
- Those looking to learn shuffle dance.
- People who love EDM music.
Reviews by Abhishek V.“
This is the best course out there in the online market if you really want to learn shuffling. Learn it and Rock the festival.
This course is for all the guys out there who think they have ‘two left feet.’ No dance experience? No problem!
This course will teach you how to win over the dance floor in no time. The course covers basic moves that basically come under the category of ‘club dancing.’
It’s casual, fun, and super easy to learn. The process followed in this course involves gaining rhythm, learning how to move to the beat, and loosening up your body so that you don’t look out of place.
Next, you will learn a set of versatile dance moves, understand how to connect the dance moves together, and practice the steps the right way so that you can master them within days.
Rating 4.5 Return or refund policy 30-day money-back guarantee Certification Yes Paid Yes Duration 4 hours of on-demand video Enrolled 5, 617 students Instructor Brian Bee Cons The content seems to be unnecessarily duplicated in a few places.
After taking this dance course, you will:
- Be able to enjoy yourself on the dance floor without feeling awkward.
- Know as many as 10 casual dance moves
- Be able to move your body automatically with the music without looking ‘funny’ or ‘silly.’
To take up this dance training online, all you need is a private space where you can learn and practice the moves.
Who should take this course?
This best dance course online is suitable for:
- People who have a hard time having fun on the dance floor at social functions.
- People who feel they have no rhythm or can’t keep up with the beats.
- People who don’t know anything about dance.
- People who want to learn to dance online and quickly pick a few dance moves for an upcoming wedding or party.
Reviews by Vedanshu M.“
Those who have no rythm and or less rythm in the body, (like me :p), its perfect for them. I felt like silly in beginning but in section 4, my dance started getting better.
Here’s another course in our list of best online dance classes that have been specially designed for men who find it difficult to loosen up on the dance floor.
This course can help you build confidence and learn basic moves. The program answers several common questions that non-dancers may have.
You’ll know how you can get some rhythm, how dancing works, how to stop looking stiff and awkward, what moves go with different kinds of music, and more.
In addition, you will learn 3 top step-based dance moves, a few bounce-based moves, and how you can string these different moves together.
Rating 4.0 Return or refund policy 30-day money-back guarantee Certification Yes Paid Yes Duration 3.5 hours of on-demand video Enrolled 4, 425 students Instructor Brian Bee Cons This dance training online was last updated in 2016.
In this dance course online, you will learn:
- How to feel comfortable and have a good time on the dance floor.
- How to dance and have fun without worrying about looking silly.
- 3 step-based and 3 bounce-based moves.
- The course also includes rhythm training.
For taking up this dance course, you require:
- A laptop or a computer
- Alternatively, you can use an HDMI connector to your T.V.
Who should take this course?
These online dance classes are most suitable for men over the age of 24.
Reviews by Jonathan S.“
I am very happy with this purchase. I wish had taken this course when I was a teenager. Everything is broken into small steps and there are plenty of opportunities to practice them.
This course will teach you a little bit of everything so that you can dance confidently at the next wedding or event you attend.
The moves covered in this best dance training online are from various styles, including House Dancing, Hip Hop, C-walking, Charleston, and more. The step-by-step instructions make learning and practicing the moves easier for the students.
Rating 4.5 Return or refund policy 30-day money-back guarantee Certification Yes Paid Yes Duration 2.5 hours of on-demand video Enrolled 2, 287 students Instructor Brian Bee Cons The dance course online was last updated in 2017.
In this course you will be learning:
- As many as 32 different footwork based cool dance moves.
- Few lessons covered in the course are an introduction to fundamental dance moves, Charleston, heel-toe, jerk step, PDB, salsa step, combos, additional moves, and putting the moves together.
All you need to know for making the most out of this best dance training online is how to count beats.
Who should take this course?
This dance course is most suitable for guys who want to learn a few cool moves to impress their friends (or the ladies) at the next party they attend.
Reviews by Diann H.“
I had a great time learning the moves and I am still working on them.
So why do you want to learn how to dance? Is it because you don’t want to feel left out at the club? Maybe you want to try out viral dance trends that are all the rage on social media platforms? Or do you find a particular dancing style really cool and want to give it a try?
Whatever your reason may be, Skillshare has got you covered. The platform offers dozens of online dance lessons, covering different dance styles and trends. Choose a dance course online that suits you best to learn new moves and techniques and take your dancing skills to the next level.
From beginners to advanced level learners, there is something for everyone. The best part is, with Skillshare, you can learn to dance online right away by signing up to the platform for free!
Here are a few popular Skillshare online dance classes you may consider taking up:
- Hip Hop Dance: How To Freestyle & Street Dance For Beginners – Moonwalk, Waving, Tutting, & More!
- Hip Hop Dance Masterclass: learn hip hop dance at home – hip hop dance for beginners.
- Learn to do Viral Dance Moves (Part 1) – For Beginners
- How To Shuffle Dance & Learn Party Rock Anthem Shuffle Choreography
- Dance Moves to NOT Look Awkward at the CLUB
CLI Studios allows you to learn to dance online with the help of some of the best choreographers out there. Learn at your own pace with the platform’s extensive library of online dance classes.
You can begin your dance lessons by signing up for the free trial after which you would have to upgrade to a monthly plan for full access.
Here are a few reasons why you must choose this platform for learning dance online:
- Dance lessons in various major dance styles and for every level of expertise.
- Learn on your own schedule.
- Over 1000 on-demand classes to choose from.
- New classes are added every week.
- Learn dance fundamentals and work on your techniques under the guidance of experts.
- Discover new dance styles.
- The platform also offers professional development and advice
- Weekly live interactive classes.
- Get personalized feedback by joining the CLI Studios community.
This platform offers dance course online for more than 10 popular dance styles. Here you will find dozens of carefully-designed premium courses as well as links to free online dance lessons (most of these right from the premium courses).
A few styles covered in the tutorials include Ballroom and Latin, Ballet, Hip Hop, Club dance, Irish Dancing, Freestyle, and Breakdancing.
Here are a few of their best classes:
- How To Dance At A Club & Party – For Men & Women (Videos)
- How To Freestyle Dance For Beginners – 3 Dance Moves
- Easy Dance Moves For Guys (Club Dancing For Men)
- Popping Dance For Beginners – How to Pop & Lock Dance
- How To Dance Salsa For Beginners – Video Course
- How to belly dance – Learn to belly dance videos
Steezy offers over 1500 dance classes and programs that can help you reach your dance goals within a matter of days. This top-rated platform is trusted by over a million users. It offers step-by-step learning for various popular dance styles and all levels (absolute beginners, beginners, intermediate and advanced)
Join steezy’s global community to connect with dancers from across the globe to share tips, get feedback and more.
The platform offers a monthly plan as well as an annual one. With the premium plans, you get unlimited access to all the dance classes along with the entire range of steezy instructors. Opt for the 7-day free trial to try out a few free classes before committing.
From absolute beginners willing to learn to dance online to advanced learners looking to level up, DancePlug is for everyone.
Here you will find over 600 dance courses online, (with new tutorials every week!) offered by expert instructors. You can choose the type and level of training according to your preference.
These modular video tutorials, covering various popular dance styles, are divided into 4 levels: basic, beginner, intermediate, and advanced. This platform also offers a free trial so that you can be sure of your decision before committing.
10. Parris Goebel Teaches Creativity in Choreography [MasterClass]
Learn how to bring your vision to life and own your creativity through dance in this MasterClass offered by award-winning choreographer Parris Goebel.
The online dance classes start with an introduction of the instructor and a few interesting facts about her amazing journey so far. Then you will learn how to unlock your creative spirit and form a connection with music.
You’ll also be learning more about the building blocks of dance choreography, fundamental dance formations, and adding emotions and dynamics to the choreography. Finally, you’ll discover why it is important to ‘polish’ performance and give finishing touches to the choreography.
A few other topics covered in this dance course online, include how to develop a music video, directing dancing for the screen, building your brand, case studies, and more. The course consists of 16 video lessons (2 hours 6 minutes).
These online dance lessons can help you learn to dance online and practice your moves within the comforts of your home. With these best online dance classes, dedication and practice, you can master any dance form so that you don’t find yourself running away from the dance floor at the next event you attend! All the best!