12 Best Mobile App Development Courses Online (Free + Paid)
What is a Mobile Application Development Course? How to apply for it and is it worth doing? Well, in recent times, mobile applications have seen meteoric growth everywhere.
In today’s digital age, a Mobile App Development course is becoming increasingly important. Because of the growing popularity of technology and the digitization of everything, many well-known platforms are offering some very informative mobile app dev courses.
For instance, the Udacity Mobile App Development course is gaining popularity. It assists aspirants in learning how to develop smartphones and other mobile devices.
The course teaches students how to create applications. It covers topics such as Software Development, Web Application Development, App Functionality, and many others. When students are required to take a regular course in Mobile App Development, there are many options to choose from.
Many good mobile app development courses online are available through various providers likeUdemy with no eligibility requirements. Therefore, anyone with a strong desire to learn can enroll in these virtual courses. However, for Udemy mobile app development diploma or degree program, a candidate must have completed their 12th grade in any field.
Here, we provide you with a compiled list of the 12 mobile app development courses online in consultation with 24 experts. You can read up on the courses given below and select any one of them to build your career.
In This Article
- 12 Best Mobile App Development Courses and Classes
- Computer Science and Mobile Apps Certification by Harvard University – [edX]
- CS50’ Mobile App Development with React Native by Harvard – [edX]
- Android App Development Specialization by Vanderbilt University – [Coursera]
- Flutter & Dart – The Complete Flutter App Development Course – [Udemy]
- Full Stack Web Development with Angular Specialization by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology – [Coursera]
- Mobile App Development with Swift by Curtin University – [edX]
- Build iOS Apps with React Native – [Pluralsight]
- Mobile App Development with PhoneGap – [Udemy]
- Developing Android Apps by Google – [Udacity]
- Unity C# Mobile Game Development – Make 3 Games From Scratch – [Udemy]
- Two Bonus Courses
12 Best Mobile Application Development Courses Online with Certifications
Smartphones have the word smart in their name because of the numerous things they enable you to do. All of this is done through a tiny app developed by an expert in app development.
This makes the need for good mobile application development courses even more pivotal. It affects every little thing in our life, from clicking a selfie or downloading an application.
The demand for mobile application development courses will increase as our world steps forward into more advanced technology.
But how can you become an expert in app development? Well, the best way is to enroll in a mobile application development course from the comfort of your home and just start with it.
|Instructor||Doug Lloyd, David J. Malan,|
Jordan Hayashi, Brian Yu
|Cons||A bit expensive|
This professional certificate course in computer science and mobile apps at Harvard has a long history of success stories for those who want to pursue serious coding and also those who have no prior computer programming experience.
This mobile application development course is led by Professor David J. Malan, who focuses on teaching students how to think more algorithmically and solve problems likewise.
The introduction of the mobile app development course online in core Computer Science will help you in broadening your understanding of the fundamentals of programming and computer basics.
After understanding the core of the computer system, you will be able to build on those fundamentals to learn about building mobile apps using the React Native Framework.
In the mobile app developer course, you will be able to learn computer core programming by heart and be able to gain confidence in advanced skills.
Benefits of learning a mobile application development course to name a few, that you will understand.
- A big and comprehensive understanding of computer science and programming language.
- Clear understanding the vital concepts such as abstraction, algorithms, data structures, encapsulation, resource management, security, software engineering, and web development
- How you can utilize various components, props, state, style, views, user input, components, and debugging
- How to build an app entirely of your own design
- App Development
- Blockchain designing and development
- C Programing and basics
- Computer Programming
- Concepts of Cybersecurity
- Understanding Information Technology
- Concepts of Java
- How to build an application on Linux
- Python language learning
- Web Development concepts
For this mobile application development course, you need basic knowledge of math in high school and a desire to learn computer applications.
This mobile application development course picks up where CS50 leaves off through transiting web development with React Native.
Themobile app developer course comes with a project for which you will have to execute an app entirely on your own, from design to everything.
It is a 13-week self-paced course that comprises 6 to 9 hours per week. This course also provides free optional upgrades that will help you in maintaining advanced course material.
|Duration||Estimated 13 weeks|
|Upgrade||Free option available|
|Instructors||David J. Malan, Jordan Hayashi|
- How to use React and JSX
- Comprehending Components, Views, User Input, Props, State, Style
- Concept of Debugging
- How to comprehend Data
- Uses of Navigation
- Expo Components
- Enhance Performance
- Concepts of Shipping and Testing
This Coursera mobile app development course enables the students to successfully implement the core Java programming languages features and various software patterns that are necessary to develop well-maintained mobile apps comprising core Android components and fundamental Java I/O and constant mechanisms.
The project with this mobile app development course online will combine the vital material from the entire specialization to enable students to make a fascinating Android App by implying knowledge and skills learned.
You get a shareable certificate on completion of this course. This mobile application development course is flexible so that you can easily maintain your course and other work.
|Rating||4.5 based on 2570+ reviews|
|Instructor||Dr. Jerry Roth|
|Duration||Approx. 5 Months|
|Language||English with other subtitles|
|Cons||The assignments need improvement as they don’t allow coders to follow their own style. Also, absolute beginners may face some difficulty.|
- You will be able to learn Software Testing
- Android Software Development
- Concepts of Java Programming
- Concepts of Logic Programming
- Android Studio
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Computer Programming concepts
- Concepts of Concurrent Computing
- And Unit Testing
This mobile app developer course claims it is for beginners or those students who are switching to Java and Android for the first time. Except for the basic background knowledge of computers, there is no specific knowledge required.
The Flutter iOS and Android Apps with a Single Codebase is the best mobile application development course there is. You will get to learn Google’s Flutter Mobile Development Framework and Dart.
Flutter is the novel Cross-platform Mobile Development Framework created by Google, allowing developers to build Android and iOS Apps with one single codebase using the General-purpose Dart Programming Language. Check out the best flutter courses, if you need more training in it.
This mobile app development course online is a big deal because any developer, or we can say anyone wanting to learn mobile application development, can now build native Android and iOS apps with one codebase only.
That means you will not have to learn Objective-C or Swift to build iOS apps and Java or Kotlin to build Android apps.
|Rating||4.4 based on 4400+ reviews|
|Duration||25.5 hours on-demand video|
|Level||Beginner Level Udemy Mobile App Development Course|
|Cons||After the launch of flutter 2, the older version used in the course became outdated.|
The mobile app development course online is designed to improve your knowledge retention by incorporating a large number of hands-on projects. You will practice and build something meaningful and useful in each section of this course.
For example, you will begin by learning the fundamentals of the Dart Programming language (the programming language used in Flutter) – control flow and functions, how to do arithmetic in Dart, and so on.
This Udemy mobile app development course comes with 25.5 hours of on-demand video with 31 articles in it. In addition, 15 full downloadable resources with full lifetime access and provided a certificate of completion of the course.
Some benefits of choosing this course are given below:
- You will be able to master Dart and Flutter Framework and build iOS and Android Apps
- You will be able to build Full-fledged Apps for your Startups
- You can work as a Cross-Platform Mobile Developer who can develop both iOS and Android apps.
- You will be able to gain a Competitive Advantage in any workplace as a Flutter Mobile developer in this course.
A computer, either a Mac or a PC. There is no prior programming experience required for this mobile app developer course.
Everything you will need to get started will be covered. Anyone with an “I Can Do It” attitude and willing to learn by doing. You will go through a step-by-step learning process that includes challenges and exercises for better retention for best mobile app development courses.
Reviews by Rahul Singh:
For Developers, Paul is the best coding instructor. I like the way he tries to explain the course in detail for all level i.e for Beginners, Intermediate, & Advances level students is very Excellent. Because of Paulo, I am a developer now & I have 4 apps on Play Store.
5. Full Stack Web Development with Angular Specialization by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology – [Coursera]
Learn front-end and hybrid mobile development with coursera mobile app development, as well as serve-side support, for a multi-platform solution. This Specializations’s first two courses cover front-end frameworks: Bootstrap 4 and Angular.
On the server side, you will learn to build NoSQL databases with MongoDB, work in a Node.js environment with the Express framework, and communicate with the client via a restful API with this coursera mobile app development training.
|Rating||4.7 based on 3880+ ratings|
|Duration||Approx. 3 Months|
|Instructor||Jogesh K. Muppala|
|Language||English with other subtitles|
|Cons||The audio and video quality needs improvement.|
Ideally, students should complete each mobile app development course online in the order listed. Learners will complete hands-on exercises that will culminate the creation of a full-fledged application at the end of each course.
As a part of the Honors Track, each course includes a mini-Capstone Project in which you will apply your skills to create a fully functional project in this course.
In thiscoursera mobile app development course, you will get a shareable certificate upon your completion. It is a 100% online course, so you can complete it at your home or anywhere at your convenience. Flexible schedule so that you can maintain your course and move ahead with ease.
Here are some of the benefits of choosing mobile application development course as given below:
- Understanding the basics of client-side web UI frameworks.
- Various uses of Angular Material and Angular Flex-Layout for UI design.
- Utilizing the Ionic mobile application framework
- Building mobile applications for multiple platforms with a single codebase.
- Bootstrap (Front-End Framework)
- SASS (Stylesheet Language)
- Reactive Programming
This Professional Certificate program will teach you the tools, techniques, and concepts required to create a basic iOS app from the ground up.
In this course you will program in Swift and use the iOS SDK and Apple developer tools (Xcode, debugger, analyzer, and iOS Simulator) to create mobile apps that can be sold in the App Store.
Each mobile app development course online will take you via a series of lessons and projects that will teach you about Swift programming and various aspects of app development.
Furthermore, a number of app development companies will share their experiences in building and developing apps, allowing you to learn exactly what it takes to turn your brilliant idea into a working product.
|Instructor||Dr. David A. McMeekin, Tristan W. Reed|
|Cons||The course is a bit expensive.|
Here are some learning outcomes of mobile application development course as given below:
- You will learn how to get started with app development and making your first iOS application.
- To build your own app, understand how to utilize the Apple developer tools (Xcode, Instruments, debugger, analyzer, and iOS Simulator).
- Know to implement a range of features using the Swift programming language.
- Attain the know-how of how to differentiate well-written code from poorly written code and follow programming best practices in Swift.
- You will also be able to learn the process and steps required to get your app on the App Store.
- CurtinX’s Mobile App Development with Swift Professional Certificate
- Build your first iOS app
- Work with augmented reality (AR) and the web
- Project: create an iOS app from the start to finish.
Do you have web development experience and want to expand your knowledge about the best mobile app development course? React Native enables you to use your existing skills to create slick native iOS apps.
React is popular with a large community, and now, through React Native, supports building iOS apps that are indistinguishable from apps built with Objective-C or Swift.
|Rating||4+ based on 260+ reviews|
|Fee||10-day free trial option available|
|Cons||Old course. The course duration is too short to teach everything about app development.|
The mobile application development course provides 10-day individual trial that includes:
- Expert-led courses that will be able to keep you up with the pace of change with thousands of expert-led, in-depth courses.
- Pluralsight IQ that validates skill levels with assessments that take 10 minutes or less.
- Expanded library that will grow your team’s proficiency with access to a full 7,000+ course library.
- Hands-on learning that you will practice and apply knowledge faster in real-world scenarios with projects and interactive courses.
This is an intermediate-level mobile app developer course with a duration of 1 hour and 59 minutes. And you can cancel your subscription at any time. Your subscription will auto-renew until you cancel it.
As this is an intermediate-level course, some basic level of computer system and programming is required.
These are complete mobile apps that can do everything from interacting with device hardware like the accelerometer, camera, and geolocation tools to interacting with the operation system (iOS OR Android) to make phone calls or use Bluetooth.
From setting up your mobile application development course PhoneGap environment to testing your app on your phone or tablet device, you will learn it all in this comprehensive PhoneGap course.
You will learn through extensive on-screen demonstrations and will be able to download the many examples you see the instructor create on screen.
This is one of the best mobile app development course which quickly becomes practical because you will be working with phone hardware and interacting with real-world APIs that professional developers use every day, such as Google Places and Google Maps.
|Course created by||Framework Tech Media|
|Duration||5.5 hours on-demand video|
|Level||Beginner Level Udemy Mobile App Development Course|
|Cons||Some outdated portions and audio could’ve been better.|
- You will be able to use the PhoneGap Desktop app to create new PhoneGap mobile apps.
- You can create new PhoneGap app template
- You can use the PhoneGap Desktop app and PhoneGap Mobile app to test new apps
- You can test a PhoneGap project in the browser
- You will be able to include the JQuery library for UI
- Also you can create single and multi page user interface
Prerequisite for this mobile app developer course
Reviews by Nigel Stirzaker:
Even as an experienced dev I enjoyed the course. I’d tried to use phonegap before but failed. I know where I went wrong and I’m now inspired to work on my app again
Developing Android Apps is the first course in the Android Developer Nanodegree and serves as the foundation for our advanced Android curriculum. This mobile app development course online combines theory and practice to teach you how to create great apps the right way.
In this Udacity mobile app development course, you will work with instructors step by step to create a cloud-connected Android app, as well as learn best practices for mobile development, specifically Android development.
|Duration||Approx. 60 hours|
|Level||Intermediate-level Udacity mobile app development course|
|Course Fee||Free mobile app developer course|
|Instructors||Multiple Industry Professionals|
- Create project sunshine
- Connect to the internet
- Content Providers
Since it is an intermediate-level Udacity mobile app development course, you should have some basic level knowledge about computers and programming.
Create three simple mobile games with the free Unity game engine through this Udemy mobile app development course. Discover how mobile games differ from computer games (including touch inputs, push notifications, ads for revenue, screen resolutions and layouts and more.) create and publish your own awesome mobile games on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
|Duration||6.5 hours on-demand video|
|Instructor||Rick Davidson, GameDev.TV Team, Nathan Farrer|
|Cons||Some learners feel that a few portions were rushed.|
- Help you create games specifically designed for mobiles using touch input controls.
- Help to ensure your game will work well irrespective of device size or resolution.
- Help you to make push notifications to inform players about changes in status for the game.
You should have a basic understanding of Unity and C#, so that you are prepared for the more advanced concepts taught in this mobile app development course online.
Reviews by Nick Negoda:
Thank you so much for your work, it was very interesting for me to study this course. I would be very happy if you would create a course on artificial intelligence in unity
Two Bonus Courses
This is a free online mobile application development course that will teach you how to develop adaptive user interfaces for iOS using Xcode.
This is a free course that will teach complete beginners everything they need to know about iOS app development, interface creation, and the Xcode environment.
You will also learn how to create & design adaptive and robust interfaces for iOS apps. This course will also teach you how to add sound and animations to your application using simple, practical, and useful examples.
- How to set up and begin developing iOS applications in Xcode.
- A foundation to beginners iOS and user interface development.
- How to begin creating robust, adaptive interfaces for iOS applications with graphics, sound and animation.
- How to lay a perfect foundation for exploring iOS development in more depth.
Some basic knowledge of computers and math in higher school is needed for this mobile app developer course.
Learn the skills required to create Android mobile applications and learn about the tools available, including Android Studio through this mobile app development course online.
You will also learn how to create your first mobile app, store data, and communicate with your end user.
- Investigate Android Studio
- Create the app’s navigation and user interface (UI)
- Create, test, and distribute an Android application.
We have discussed the top 12 best mobile app development courses from Udacity mobile app development to Coursera and edX. In this article, we have gathered information and provided it before you but for more details or dates, please refer to the attached course homepage.